IE 11 posting issues

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

I recently switch to IE 11 (ver 11.0.9600.17105) and having a heck of a time posting. When posting, I have long delays and usually will only take about half of my keystrokes. I also can't highlight (for copy and paste etc.). Is there something I can do on my end?

#2 Guest_AMcCaleb_*

Guest_AMcCaleb_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

There's a little button that looks like a light switch on the top left corner of the text editing bar, to the left of the font selector. If you click on that it disables the advanced options and will take care of the delay and missed keystrokes. If you put your mouse over the button it will say toggle editing mode.

#3 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

This issue was discussed a little while ago: http://forum.nanfa.o...815#entry114815

While I don't know a true fix, turning off the editing functions will help (but then you lose editing options).

#4 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Interestingly, I never had this problem when using Chrome. It's a shame, as I like to use the options when posting!

#5 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

Yes, I have since switched to Chrome and no longer have the issue.

One workaround is to write out your message with the editing options turned off and then turn them back on to highlight words and apply basic text editing. I never could get it to allow me to add images, though, so I always had to do that manually.

#6 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

On a related note, people use IE?

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

My son, a graduate student in computer science, just deleted it from his mothers laptop thus weekend and moved all her favorites and such. He said it was just embarrassing that his mother would be using IE.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#8 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

After years with FF and then forcing an unstable update that could not be rolled back, I went to chrome. Then after years of chrome, it pissed me off enough to try IE.
IE is still necessary to interact with governmental data input, so I have to keep it updated. Besides, I'm all out of browsers unless y'all can recommend a browser other than FF, Chrome or IE.

Isaac, That is good advice and thank you!

Michael, deleting IE on Windows rigs used to spell disaster. Does Win 7 now let you do that without mayhem?

Edit: Bruce, you should check out IE privacy abilities. As far as I know, they are the only major browser putting any barriers between you and mass marketers.

#9 Guest_Erica Lyons_*

Guest_Erica Lyons_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

I have a friend who uses opera browser, but I've never tried it. I personally am using Chrome at the moment, simply because I'm having no problems and everything loads quickly, not out of any brand loyalty.
Ditto internet explorer for government form entry. When we're applying for grants, that's all we're allowed to use.

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

Michael, deleting IE on Windows rigs used to spell disaster. Does Win 7 now let you do that without mayhem?

You are of course, correct... I don't think he REALLY deleted it... he just put all her favorites in Chrome, deleted them from IE and took away all the shortcuts to IE...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#11 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

It's better to use third party options like Ghostery. The people who make and distribute IE have little real incentive to block marketing since they do so much of it themselves.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users