Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Anyone versed in this?

#2 Guest_Gavinswildlife_*

Guest_Gavinswildlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Its pretty simple.

I'm assuming you're on windows.

There are a huge number of ways to do this, but I think the simplest is to use the web camera application.
Take the video, then open it in windows live movie maker, go to edit, and change the speed to 64x or something similar.

#3 Guest_centrarchid_*

Guest_centrarchid_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

Can it give me a video representing 35 days with photographs taken at 5 minute intervals around the clock? Method you describe as I understand it would chew up some harddrive space.

#4 Guest_steve_*

Guest_steve_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

If it comes to it, I can ask my 12 year old daughter. She's been making stop motion videos for several years(which means we may struggle with it). :-k

Do you use a PC or Mac.?

#5 Guest_Gavinswildlife_*

Guest_Gavinswildlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

You can find several programs to do this with by googling the topic name. I don't personally have expierience with time lapse, but I've used ustream to take long periods of video.

#6 Guest_centrarchid_*

Guest_centrarchid_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

I use a PC.

My thought is the images could be uploaded to somewhere for storage then stitched together later.

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

I am not sure how or if you can auto-load the pictures to Google+... but even if you have to manually load them if would be worth it... because then you use Picasa (a free download from Google) and it will allow you to select a group of photos and it will automatically make them a time lapse video.

http://timelapseblog...asa-time-lapse/
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#8 Guest_steve_*

Guest_steve_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Here's how my daughter was making stop motion videos with the PC(pre Mac. days):
---->create folder for photos in the order that you want them to play----->go to windows live movie maker---->click on 'add videos and photos'------>click on 'pictures' from the drop down menu----->click on the folder you want to use------>click on the first photo and then click on the last one while holding down the shift key to select all the photos in that folder----->click on the 'open' button----->select all the photos again by clicking on the first one and then click on the last one while holding down the shift key---->click on 'edit' at top of screen----->set the duration(she uses 0.1 or 0.2 but you may need something different)------>you can then play your video by hitting the play button at the bottom. You can change the duration and replay until it fits your needs.

Hope this doesn't sound too elementary. I'm just explaining it the way it seems that I would need it explained to me.

The stop motion that she does isn't really time-lapsed, but it should work either way.

Hope this helps.

#9 Guest_BlueBlood_*

Guest_BlueBlood_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

You need to hit Youtube. Lots of great, simple step-by-step info for how to and what software to use. Your project is fairly large and ambitious for your first timelapse with over 10,000 images being taken. Hard to condense that much footage to be just right without cutting out interesting changes.

Maybe 1pic/5mins/every other day???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users