ASIH Meeting Chattanooga 2014

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

The annual meeting will be in Chattanooga, TN this year and run from July 30, a Wednesday, to August 3, Sunday.
I have heard from Peter Unmack who will be attending and Jeremy Monroe of Freshwaters Illustrated who will attend at least one day for his film work. On Saturday CFI will have a fundraiser which i plan to attend, about 2 hours NE.

As for attending ASIH i cannot as the expense is great. $575. !!!

I do not know if anyone has considered setting up a NANFA table but suspect it would be a good opportunity to promote NANFA.

If anyone IS planning on attending let me know as i live in the host city and may could assist.

Casper

http://www.asih.org/meetings

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'll be attending the whole event, staying at a hotel downtown that isn't one of the official hotels. I could probably help at least some with any table, etc., I know Peter is always gung ho for that kinda stuff.

#3 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Setting up a booth can be a little complicated due to the commercial nature of these type of events. We'd need to ask the right person (I'm not sure who that is at the moment). Chris was the last person to do this. I suspect though that we could probably do a table for a day or two. If you are really keen to do this let me know and I'll figure out who we'd ask.

Cheers
Peter

#4 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I don't know if I'm keen per se, but I'm up for working part of a day on a table if we can weasel this. I suppose there'd be more to it than merely asking Bernie or Anna if it's OK.

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

Wow, $575? Are they serving meals on gold plates??

#6 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

The high "regular" meeting fee for professionals helps them subsidize student attendance.

#7 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

The early registration fee for ASIH professional members was only $320, not so bad for such a meeting of 4 days including loads of coffee and finger food/breakfast. Plus as Gerald pointed out it does subsidize student participation, important to groups like ASIH and the other participating societies.

#8 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

As a contrast...
For about 300 bucks i had 4 nights of room and board, lots of adventures and fine fishy fellowship in a wonderful NC setting.
I'm sure i had more fun and education at the NC NANFA gathering than i would at a ASIH meeting.
:)

#9 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

It depends exactly what you're looking for, when and where, as with everything else.

#10 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

Charge like 35 bucks and the students won't need subsidizing. They can sleep in the hall or something.

#11 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

The meeting will BE in the hall at that rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users