Photo

North Carolina Convention Photos

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Above and below your photographs are beautiful.

#22 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Thanks everyone! These photos only represent about half of my trip. I had some great snorkeling in TN before and after the convention as well. Hopefully I will be able to find the time to share some of them in another thread within a few weeks.

Matt, that Looking Glass Falls photo was tough to get. In addition to wading out into the cold, rushing water at 6 am with my camera gear and tripod, the spray from the waterfall would cover my lens in just few seconds. I only got one photo that wasn't ruined by water spots. I had to clean the lens off, get the camera all set up on the tripod, and then remove the lens cap while simultaneously triggering the shutter. It took about 10 tries to get everything right.

Thanks Gerald. I'm glad to hear others are enjoying them. It would be neat to see professional taxidermy applied to some of our interesting non-game fish.

Josh, with the pun, are you referring to L. cornutus, or am I missing something else? If that's all it is, then it pales in comparison to many of your gems. :)

#23 Guest_MrCatfish_*

Guest_MrCatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

You should put together a calender! I love your photos!

#24 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

I have to pass on many of my co-workers oohs and ahs. I pulled them up on my work computer and just as I was so were they blown
away. I well imagine your rep will soon spread to the fish and they'll start lining up in full cooperation for their own "Szabo"
photo shoot!

#25 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

. "ohh you have to get your glamour shots done by Isaac.[Hold on, gotta grab this midge.Yum.]He's the best"

#26 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Ha, that would make things a lot easier! But in reality, with some of the skittish species just the sound of the shutter scares them away.

#27 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Michael and I got to spend a good amount of time with it (he will probably share some cool video of it at some point).

Although Hero's video is certainly not artistically worthy of Isaac's photos, it does have a different "in the moment" feel. And I will use his hint here as an excuse to juxtapose a Hero Green video with his photo of the hellbender.

Attached File  hellbender still.jpg   77.98KB   10 downloads
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#28 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

Wow, great video Michael! I've been looking forward to seeing this for a while. You got some great clips. It's so cool to see it in action. I especially like the clips about 20 sec in and of course near the end when it comes straight at you. You also actually show the moment when I took the photo I posted above at about 1:20.

#29 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

Glad you liked it. I thought that photo was taken in the video, made me do a double take when I was posting.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#30 brannon67

brannon67
  • NANFA Guest
  • USA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

WOW! Great pictures. Simply stunning. Some people just take pictures, but you go way beyond that realm. Awesome!

#31 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

Thanks Brannon

#32 bbrown

bbrown
  • Regional Rep

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

Holy Cow! fantastic pics!

#33 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Brandon, and thanks for directing us to the South Toe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users