convention pics, 2014 NC.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

I started uploading pics from the 2014 convention. Not sure if I should add the forestry center, auction, plant, and animal pics or not.

On the way down me and Mike made a couple stops in Virginia where we found a variety of minnows, sculpins, and darters.

Posted Image

One sculpin I thought was a darter at first due to the reddish line on its dorsal, this picture does not do it justice.

Posted Image

in NC it took a bit to find a tangerine darter, and teamwork to catch it. But we got one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think this is a greenfin darter, not sure now as it has been a while. But it's fins ARE green

Posted Image

We lucked out with the blotchside logperch, it was right by the entry point. Odd for an endangered species to be so convenient.

Posted Image

I loved the fantail darters. They had so much variety from one individual to another. Here are a couple pics of a carolina fantail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stonerollers were common and an easy catch

Posted Image

#2 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Not every catch was a fish though

Posted Image

one person modified a cooler to have a viewing window, giving us a good look at the fireyblacks inside of it

Posted Image

alot of success was had by the seiners

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seine in one hand, dip ner in the other. Mike looks ready to catch the whole world.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Blotchside logperch can be surprisingly abundant where found, their big problem is widespread habitat destruction. I could take you to places in the upper Paint Rock River system in NE Alabama where we could catch a bunch but it's very localized.

#4 Guest_trygon_*

Guest_trygon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

The same can be said of east Tennessee Blotchsides.

#5 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Your Greenfin is actually a Greenside.

But those are good photos! Love that Tangerine Darter!

#6 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

Looks like a musk turtle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users