A Deeper Creek

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Didn't know if you guys had seen this. It's another short film from Freshwaters Illustrated. It is an amazing film, take 5 minutes to watch, you won't regret it. The fish are amazing, but I think NANFA Fellow Casper Cox way have stolen the spotlight! JK, Casper, care to share any other info on this?

www.vimeo.com/wemayfly/adeepercreek

#2 Guest_don212_*

Guest_don212_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

great video, great program, we, maybe I should be doing this in fl spring runs good job casper

#3 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

#4 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Awesome stuff. Everyone should do that once in their lives. It would make a lot of people rethink their stance on conservation.

#5 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

I believe this is the film that Jeremy showed here in Chattanooga for the Lookout Wild Film Festival. He has several others, including an extended version of Hidden Rivers that can be viewed with links from his website, Freshwaters Illustrated. Excellent work to support, and i consider them master story tellers, visual poets.

Deeper Creek tells well a typical day at the Conasauga Snorkel Hole. Jim Herrig, aka Snorkel Boss, is the creator of this program and it has been an honor to be involved with it for 5 years now. School groups are a common visitor but so are hiking clubs, river keepers, canoists, scouts, summer camps, nature lovers, just about any outdoor activity group is ideal for a summer clear water swim in cool waters filled with life.

I understand that NANFA recently awarded a group one of our $1000. grants to get a program going in Ohio. I am eager to read about it in an upcoming issue of American Currents.
There are opportunities like this anywhere the water is clear. A great tool to educate the public about the wonders we admire.

#6 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

It's great work, what you are doing down there.

The man is a budding star!

Attached Files

#7 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

I am a little disturbed Josh that you are rummaging through the archives of my past. Don't bother calling the number. I have already served time.

#8 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

It's great you are introducing new generation to the wonders of aquatic life.

You go into alot how a healthy stream has a rich diversity.... I think we need more health up here. :)

A mushroom video coming soon? but that's im-morel :)

#9 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Hahaha

Sent from the Paranoid Manta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users