2015 NANFA Convention - Broken Bow, OK

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

I am happy to officially announce the 2015 NANFA Convention that will take place June 4-7 in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Brandon Brown (bbrown here on the forum... you know him and his videos) is going to be our host, and he has put together a great agenda for us.

For more details head over to the NANFA webpage and click the link for "Meeting announcement". We dont have registration and such yet, just information at this time, but there is more to come!

http://www.nanfa.org/convention.shtml
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

Cool! Sounds great! Maybe I'll make this one! (Why do I hear laughing and scoffing? Stranger things have happened...)

Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:40 AM

Posted Image

#4 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

Sounds fun. I'm looking forward to it.

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Easy for you to say Isaac, right in your backyard, but then again you don't seem to mind a good ole road trip.

#6 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

I am debating going. It seems too far to drive but I may fly in and just take photos. Sadly at that distance I doubt I could safely bring home living souveneirs.

Skip, a couple years back you had one near your backyard. I would love one to be in my backyard. I feel the diversity snobs won't like that however. (I wonder if you have to arrange the lodging/convention site/etc before making a bid for convention, and if you pay for it, or if NANFA pitches in. If I can get Clay or Dave to help (one of whom commented on seeing my photo in AC so are likely a member) I'd have help of someone who located all our fish... hmmm. This is seeming possible if the if's all fall into place).

#7 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

Diversity in your area leaves a bit to be desired Josh. That is not a 100% deal breaker though. Heck I would come just for the brook trout angling. If you submit a proposal and it is accepted, there will be no out of pocket expense for you. I think diversity is important, but many come just to get a chance to see there buddies, and do some fishing.

#8 Guest_EBParks_*

Guest_EBParks_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

Looking forward to making this my third convention in a row!

#9 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Very excited about making this trip! I'm hoping the alligator gar in the Red River will be active in June. I've seen fishing reports from previous years suggesting they will be.

#10 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Shaping up good already, I get to see the three Josh's and world renowned micro fisher Ben Cantrell. You are driving, right Blaylock? Seth and I won't take up much room.

Porter, I look forward to seeing you again. Glad you are able to make the distance. Even happier that your job supports it! Will your wife make it with you again?

It is going to be fun, and Mr. Jarvis, you had better start saving up those one liners, and witty puns. I need constant entertainment.

#11 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

It's actually nearly 5 hours away from me, so not really in my backyard, but not bad at all.

#12 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

For those of you that are thinking about the distance, I have flown into a couple of conventions... and sure, you can't take home fish... but there is so much more to a NANFA Convention than the living fish you might take home... photos, videos, auction items... plus the knowledge and experiences... and the fellowship of your fellow NANFAns. Plenty of good times to be had by all.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#13 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

You are driving, right Blaylock? Seth and I won't take up much room.

I always have room for Seth.

#14 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I always have room for Seth.

LOL!

#15 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

OOOOOOO-klahoma where the fish go swim into our seines.
Where the swimmin dace, will hold in place.
Where the tributaries they do drain.
Oklahoma, every night the snorklers and I.
we swim alone and stalk, the wild jumprock
Making lazy ripples in the tide

I know jumprocks are not tidal and I am not sure if they are in oklahoma or not, but making a fishy verse fit the lyrics was not easy.

#16 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

Should be nifty, unique convention hosted by one in the know, a Mr. Brandon Brown. A new part of the country to explore with plenty of diversity. I checked out the Ouachita Mounatins years ago from the Arkansas side and was impressed. As usual i will make it an adventure going and returning. Lots to see along the way and in that general region of North America.

Check List...
Okie Culture
Okie Cuisine
Okie Noodling

Flying is a nice option. Many did in Nevada. One can always ship souvenir fish via the mailman. Some folks would bring extra styrofoam boxes if asked. You don't have to lug gear onto an airplane. Most Fishheads generally share.

A convention not to be missed. I have only skipped 2 since 1998 here in Chattanooga. All have been fun.

#17 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

Unfortunately I have other plans that week. I was looking forward to some Oklahoma long ears. Dang I hate missing a convention! It could be worse though as the other plan is a cabin rental in Maggie valley NC. But man I hate missing this convention.

#18 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

FirstChaos - I doubt many will get that. Happens to be my favorite musical...

#19 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

June could work for me. We'll see.

#20 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:11 AM

Will their we water at the spot we are staying at in Oklahoma? it's always nice to have some fish on premesis.

Diversity in your area leaves a bit to be desired Josh. That is not a 100% deal breaker though. Heck I would come just for the brook trout angling. If you submit a proposal and it is accepted, there will be no out of pocket expense for you. I think diversity is important, but many come just to get a chance to see there buddies, and do some fishing.

Who do I send the proposal to? I have the basics more or less written up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users