2015 NANFA Convention - Broken Bow, OK

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Will their we water at the spot we are staying at in Oklahoma? it's always nice to have some fish on premesis.

Yes! Check out the google map...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Broken+Bow,+OK/@34.1672015,-94.6761214,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x863534897ba2d193:0xcb8dc03b82db6793?hl=en
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#22 Sean Phillips

Sean Phillips
  • NANFA Member
  • Allegheny River Drainage, Southwest PA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

Interesting location. Going to be tough for me to make it but I'm going to try, money will be the determining factor once it gets closer since I already have 2 potential trips in the air for next year (UK and Curacao).
Sean Phillips - Pine Creek Watershed - Allegheny River Drainage

#23 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

Why can't I figure out how to book a cabin? What is the exact location (lodge name) that the event is at? I think I found the lodge, but not cabins.

#24 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

Funny thing, I was just going through some photos from this summer, and on my way from Sacramento to a layover in Atlanta on my way home to Roanoke, VA, I got a little sneak peak of the convention location. What are the chances! Looks like an awful nice place!

Posted Image

Unfortunately I couldn't see any fish from that altitude, but with any luck I'll be back to check it out in closer detail ;)Posted Image

#25 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:25 AM

Neat coincidence!

#26 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

Alright, it's been confirmed. The convention will be attended by Mr. & Mrs. EBParks!
FishGuyJosh

#27 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you again Josh.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#28 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Does anyone know if there's been any more information or registration released yet for the convention? Since it's a work trip for me, I need to get my request in as soon as I can and have it include all the costs. I was also curious if anyone knew if the cabin prices were per person or per whole cabin.

It looks like I might even get my co-worker and fellow NANFA member to tag along with my wife and I as well. Hopefully the California chapter will be well represented at the convention!
FishGuyJosh

#29 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

I just booked my cabin. I would suggest calling them asap as it didn't sound like they had a lot let available.

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#30 bbrown

bbrown
  • Regional Rep

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

Reservation Info for Broken Bow Convention
I know its still a ways off, but lodging fills up very quickly at Beavers Bend. They still have cabins available, but the park manager says people are already reserving rooms for this summer. 1 bedroom cabins sleep 4 and they have several cabins that sleep more. In addition to the cabins, the park has a hotel/lodge located a short distance away and there should be plenty of rooms available there ($115 for two queens). There are also a fair number of off site hotel rooms and cabins in the Broken Bow area, but they too will fill up quickly. I would urge anyone who wants lodging at the state park to reserve a spot as soon as they can.

I know there will be some who won't know if they're able to attend until the last minute. I think they should be able to find rooms in Broken Bow with a few days notice, but worse case scenario may have to drive the :35 to Idabel.

Also, I'm still working on some low cost dorm type accommodations, but they are a little over a half hour away and OK college students get priority, so we may not know how many rooms are available until the time comes.

The phone number for the state park is 580-494-6300. Ask for Julie and tell them your with NANFA. Reservation for the lodge/hotel can be made at 1-800-435-5514 OR 580-494-6179
http://www.beaversbend.com/Info.htm

Attached is a list of rates and rooms that were still recently available.

Attached Files

#31 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

The lady told me the one bedroom cabin was the biggest they have left available.

Sent from my Nexus 5

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#32 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

I just spoke with the cabin office and here is what I learned...

It sounds like the only multi-bed option in the cabins is one bed and a sofa sleeper. Anything else is a 1 queen bed option. The lodge has 1 king or 2 queen room options AND sofa sleepers. So that sounds like the best option left for people sharing a room unless they're down to sleep on the floor. The cabin and lodge are apparently 10 miles away from each other. So I wanted to know if we knew where most members were staying and/or where the social events, talks, and banquet will be so that I can decide accordingly where to book my room. Thanks!
FishGuyJosh

#33 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

I called today and got a cabin today, but they are apparently not many left.

I talked to Brandon the other day and the talks/banquet/auction will be at the Heritage Center which is closer to the cabins, and not that close (10 miles or so like Josh is saying) form the lodge.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#34 bbrown

bbrown
  • Regional Rep

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

Here's a short video of the area around Broken Bow. The streams shown at the start are Cucumber Creek, Eagle Fork and the upper Mountain Fork River all about 10 miles south of Smithville. Also, shown are the small and large cabins, Forest Heritage Center and Lower Mountain Fork River in Beavers Bend State Park (where the cabins and meeting room are). The end of the video are views of Broken Bow Lake (the view from the lodge/motel) and some shots of the lodge itself.
The video was taken yesterday afternoon and we only had time for one very quick kick set in a riffle. The darters shown are orangethroat and orangebelly darters, they will really start to color up in about another month.

If there are concerns about the distance from the meeting room to the lodge or motels in Broken Bow, it's only a short drive and I don't think it will be a big deal for anyone.

Also, Julie with the state park says that if anyone is having trouble finding a room to give her a call 580-494-6300. There are tons of rental cabins outside the state park and she's knows them all. She'll help us as much as she can.
Video:

#35 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Nice video. Great idea to provide a preview of the convention area. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

#36 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

Wow, if that's just a quick kick set and the darters haven't really colored up yet, Oklahoma is going to be fantastic! The facilities look real nice, too. I hope to be able to make it. But if nothing else, you've really blown away the notion that most of us not personally familiar with Oklahoma have; that it's all "high plains drifter" type territory. Somehow we think the mountains and hills end at Arkansas and Missouri and don't pick up again until the Rockies, even when we know better. I think this is gonna be a real good, real interesting experience for those who attend.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#37 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

Oh boy... great tease. Very good of you to assemble.
Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#38 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the great teaser video! I'm definitely getting amped up for the convention. Got my cabin reserved, the snorkel gear is prepped, the waders are ready to go! Now I just have to wait for 4 1/2 months...
FishGuyJosh

#39 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

Called Beaver's Bend today. The very helpful woman there said that there are actually 30 camping spots that are reservable. They are in the "Buckeye" section, have power and water, and go for $25 a night. The standard two vehicle limit applies, and you can have two tents; or one camper, and one tent. They require a $30 deposit, and $25 of that is refundable if you have the luck I do... Right now, of the 30 reservable spots, only 4 are booked for the 3rd-7th.

Don't know exactly how close this is to the actual convention site, but I might look into reserving a spot; and then hope like heck no "unforeseen circumstances" arise.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#40 BenCantrell

BenCantrell
  • Sebastian, FL

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Don't know exactly how close this is to the actual convention site, but I might look into reserving a spot; and then hope like heck no "unforeseen circumstances" arise.

I really hope you get to make it out this year. That was a major bummer that you got stuck at home last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users