2015 convention shirts

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Get them while they last or whatever, just get them.

http://www.nanfa.org...t.shtml#OKshirt

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Got mine!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

I really like the one I got to try out.  The synthetic material is very comfortable and seems like it would be a quick dry... although I have not gotten mine out in the creek yet... that test is coming on Saturday.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

The synthetic material makes a lot of sense. Josh B. has suggested this to me several times as a possibility for shirts. I have no experience with them, but should as I sweat like it's my job. I look forward to trying this shirt out.

#5 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

I ordered mine and look forward to getting it. I've been saying since the KY convention that we need this kind of dri-fit shirt. It just makes sense to wear a light, quick drying shirt in the water, during the summer. Sent from my Nexus 5

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#6 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

I've ordered mine as well. I was sporting a button up synthetic shirt at the convention. It was one I got for a recent rafting trip. It was my first one, and I love it. Dries really fast and very comfortable. I'm excited to have a NANFA shirt of a similar material. If it works out, I hope we can continue to offer this style. It makes for a much more useful shirt in the field.

FishGuyJosh

#7 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

Attached File  Cyan.JPG   120.77KB   0 downloadsFirst batch of OK shirts went out earlier this week.  A 2nd batch is being readied.  Thank you to those who have ordered shirts.  Your purchase supports NANFA's good works and wearing it promotes NANFA.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#8 natureman187

natureman187
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

I received my shirt last week.

The synthetic material is a wonderful addition to a watersports pastime.

Although I do not mind cotton, the color on this synthetic material will not fade. I'm stoked for that.

The shirt is perfect for what NANFA members do. The material switch is well worth it. I encourage everyone top buy one.

I'd like to purchase several past NANFA convention shirts in this material ;)

Sangamon River Valley

#9 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

I wore mine to the county fair yesterday.  It's super light and very soft.  The colors are explosive.  This would be my go to collecting shirt, but the white will likely get pretty dirty.  I'll probably let it have a few rounds before demoting to collecting shirt.

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

I got mine very dirty a few weekends ago... and it cleaned up bright and white!

I think this material actually "holds" less dirt than a natural (cotton) material does.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#11 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Good to hear these comments, however i have yet to wear this material and the OK shirt.  It does feel good in my hand though.

Regarding the cotton shirts of previous conventions staining from field activities, ( and in my case i pull my fat belly over plenty of algaed slimy river rocks ), when my shirts would get dirty, stained i would spray the product "Shout!" on them before washing and it would get near all the staining out.  Amazing stuff.  This new material will not let stains set like the cotton but this product might be handy if they do retain a stain.  Try it.

The only reason i used white was because this was a test using a new process and the colors certainly looked their best on this white poly material.  This process does not print white as can be done with silk screen printing.  I did have Dennis print me a warm and a cool grey and the design looked pretty good on it but not near as bright as on white.  I plan to order a color chart of this shirt brand and material for future needs.

I wear my NANFA shirts everywhere.  When they get older, speckled with paint and ink splatters, tiny torn with holes and begin to fade... only then do i wear them in the crick.  After a while of that activity, they then become shop rags.

How about some action photos of say Josh eating a big funnel cake or buttered corn dripping on his shirt.

?

Reprinting past convention designs on this material would be a major project for me.  Let's see how many of these OK shirts folks purchase.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#12 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

I look forward to these. This material sounds like it may become my new summer work wear. Thanks for getting this together.

#13 Mike

Mike
  • Regional Rep
  • Indiana

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

I guess my shirts came a few days ago, but no one told me. I have been working way too much.

Any way they look great and I can't wait to where it this weekend, I will save the other one to wear after I retire the first one.

I always like getting comments on my NANFA shirts, and enjoy using the opportunity to talk about this great organization.

Mike Berg
Northwest Indiana

#14 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

How about some action photos of say Josh eating a big funnel cake or buttered corn dripping on his shirt.

I had a big ole Corn dog...didn't last long enough for an action shot!

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#15 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Corn Dawgs require mustard and mustard might be a pretty tough stain to deal with... Shout it Out!

I wanna see some of these shirts in action!

Mike i knocked on your window the other night and told you the shirts were on your porch.  You must have been dreaming.

Edited by Casper, 28 July 2015 - 01:19 PM.

Casper Cox

#16 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Seth and I received ours. Nice shirts. Nothing new to Seth, as he wears these dri fit shirts mostly. I have not. I am really impressed. Cooler, deal with my excessive sweat much better, only complaint, is that they do not work as well as a cotton shirt for cleaning your glasses. Guess I can deal with that, I should not be using a shirt for that in the first place.

Thank you Casper for getting these done, and thank you Josh for pushing this material. Not sure if you and Casper decided to give this a shot together, or what, but they sure make good sense for water wear.

I hope Michael is right that they clean up very well, as they are blindingly white, and hopefully stains come out of them easily. Otherwise I will have ring around the collar. That shows my age huh?

#17 natureman187

natureman187
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

Reprinting past convention designs on this material would be a major project for me.  Let's see how many of these OK shirts folks purchase.

You know my father and I are good for a hefty order is this came true ;)

The OK shirt is awesome Mr. Casper.

Sangamon River Valley

#18 Mike

Mike
  • Regional Rep
  • Indiana

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

Me and my new shirt with my grandson in WI

Attached Files

• Attached File  002.JPG   126.72KB   0 downloads

Mike Berg
Northwest Indiana

#19 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

GrandPappy.

Get that boy in the water.

:)

If he was any younger you might to give us a destaining report.

Casper Cox

#20 Mike

Mike
  • Regional Rep
  • Indiana

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

I tried to get him to catch a logperch but he would only hold the cane pole for a few seconds at a time. I guess 15 months is still too young. Oh well there is always next year.

Attached Files

• Attached File  021.JPG   166KB   0 downloads

Mike Berg
Northwest Indiana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users