Photo

Restoring an American Angler Aerator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 centrarchid

centrarchid
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

My son and I found  an old aerator I used more than a decade ago for  collection trips.  Motor works fine although rubber is no longer rubbery.  Anyone know  where reconditioning kits can be found for American Angler aerator? 

This the yellow type.  I  would also like to explore making so both batteries drive motor.  Then we can split airflow with  manifold to drive multiple buckets.

Find ways for people not already interested in natives to value them.

#2 Evan P

Evan P
  • NANFA Guest
  • Knoxville, TN

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

It seems as though they don't carry replacement parts, but a new unit is quite affordable: http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B0000AZ6KY

3,000-4,000 Gallon Pond Full of all sorts of spawning fishes! http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php/topic/13811-3560-gallon-native-fish-pond/page-3 

#3 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

Kind of what I was thinking. Those are sadly more disposable than rebuild-able They are affordable. This time of year, you hardly need one, you have time to source a replacement. Keep that boy in the water and outdoors. Good parenting in this time when the computer and TV tend to do most of it.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#4 MtFallsTodd

MtFallsTodd
  • NANFA Member
  • Mountain Falls, Virginia

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

Check with your local fish store to see if they have a rebuild kit that will fit. But I have to admit, for no more than it cost to replace that would be my choice. Like Matt said, keep that kids feet in the water!!!!!
Deep in the hills of Great North Mountain

#5 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member
  • Crooked Creek, Mississippi

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Diaphragms and flapper valves are ridiculously priced unless you've got a lot of coin in the pump.

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users