Photo

Middle Tennesse Snorkeling

4 replies to this topic

#1 andrewz

andrewz
  • NANFA Member
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

I'm getting cabin fever, need to get my head wet and take some fishy pics.  I live in Nashville so my main to options besides heading east are the Duck and the Harpeth.  The Harpeth is a lot easier for me to explore on my own because it is close but I wouldnt mind getting so info.  The Duck is still a pretty long drive.  Mainly I am interested in finding clear water and diversity.  Any locations or river info would be appreciated.

#2 fundulus

fundulus
  • Global Moderator

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Check out Flat Creek, a Duck trib flowing in from the north. You can find it by going south on I-65, getting off on exit 46 and heading east on 99, that t-bones into Highway 431, turn left, and go north about 3 miles. You'll cross a beautiful creek that is heavily posted for No Parking. Keep going, within 2 miles or so you'll come to another creek with a trailer park on your left, nice people. Park by the bridge and go down, be careful, there is a surprising number of rattlesnakes living in the rocks. You'll find a bunch of darters and shiners, including the Redband Darter.
Bruce Stallsmith, Huntsville, Alabama, US of A

#3 andrewz

andrewz
  • NANFA Member
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

Thanks. I'll be checking it out when I can. Hopefully I don't get snake bit 🐍

#4 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

Andrew, how far do you want to drive? I don't know of any good spots real close to Nashville, but I do know of a few within 1-1.5 hours.

#5 andrewz

andrewz
  • NANFA Member
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

I'm good with a drive that far. I'm going to the spot on flat creek tomorrow. It's gonna be cold!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users