Don't forget Aquatic Experience – Chicago at the Schaumburg Convention Center this weekend. NANFA will have a booth, and we could use a couple of people to help man it. If interested in helping with the booth, contact Phil Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At least come and enjoy the following:
Sea Lion Splash live show and exhibit
Fish from Around the World displays
American Cichlid Association Fish Competition
AGA Aquascaping Live! Contests
1st International Shrimp Competition
Educational seminars with industry experts
Kid’s Aquarium Contest
Win A Betta Fish Toss
Daily Show Floor Raffle
Tickets for Aquatic Experience – Chicago, Nov. 4-6, 2016 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center (1551 Thoreau Drive N, Schaumburg, IL) are currently on sale. Daily family passes are $25 and individual tickets start at just $10. Children ages five and under are free. For more information, please visit www.aquaticexperience.org.
A thriving show floor of exhibitors showcases the latest in aquatic trends and products; educational seminars on hobbyist and retail topics feature aquatic experts addressing intermediate level information to advanced issues.
Additionally, attendees will have the option of watching the American Cichlid Association Fish Competition, Aquatic Experience Aquascaping Live! Contests and the 1st International Shrimp Competition take place on the main floor.
EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR SCHEDULE
Friday, November 4:
· Coral Fragging Tips and Tricks for Retailers, presented by Justin Credable
· Millennials are Coming—Is Your Marketing Ready?, presented by Michael Johnson
· Selling Oddball Fish, presented by Joe Olenik
· More Marketing, More Sales on a Budget That Won’t Break the Bank, presented by Lynn Switanowski
· Shrimps & Freshwater Inverts in Freshwater Nano Tanks—A New Trend in the US Market, presented by Chris Lukhaup
· Staffing Made Simpler: Recruiting, Training and Retaining Staff, presented by Lynn Switanowski
· Retail Panel Discussion, moderated by Chris Clevers with panelists Joe Olenik, Patrick Donston, Bill Trufant and Sandy Moore
· Phosphate—It May Not Mean What You Think it Means, presented by Richard Ross
· How Optimal Nutrition Can Minimize Disease Outbreaks, presented by George Blasiola
· South American Dwarf Cichlids of the Genus Apistogramma, presented by Wolfgang Staeck
Saturday, November 5:
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
· Oliver Knott Plant Demo, presented by Oliver Knott
· New Trends in Lighting & Their Effectiveness & Efficiency, presented by Sanjay Joshi
· Danios & Devarios, presented by Mike Hellweg
· Coral Reproduction and Restoration in Tanks and in the Wild, presented by Richard Ross
· Freshwater Shrimps in the Wild and Aquarium, presented by Chris Lukhaup
· An Aquarist Visits Ghana, presented by Lawrence Kent
· Effective Marine Fish Disease Identification and Control, presented by George Blasiola
· Forest Fishes of the Peruvian Amazon, presented by Liz Marchio
· Little Stories: Fascinating, Gratifying, Amusing Topics About our Hobby, presented by Julian Sprung
Sunday, November 6:
11 a.m.-12 p.m.
· Tanganyika: A Lake and its Fishes, presented by Wolfgang Staeck
· Reflections from the Inside: 20 Years of the Marine Aquarium Trade, presented by Chris Buerner
· Takashi Amano: His Life and Work, presented by Oliver Knott
· Breeding Loricariids, presented by Barbie Fiorentino
Friday 11/4: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday 11/5: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday 11/6: 10 a.m