NANFA Facebook Page help

24 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

Hello NANFA members,

I'm looking to bring on 1 or 2 additional people to help with the NANFA facebook page, and possibly Twitter as well.  Until now, Derek and I have been managing the page, however, we each have a lot going on so I'm reaching out to see if anyone is interested in helping.

It's fairly simple, if you're on FB, I'd add you as a page manager.  I have tried to post relevant content that is inline with NANFA's mission and goals.  I've also tried my best to stay away from political and controversial topics, as I don't feel this adds any value to NANFA, by stirring the pot.  As far as posting, I'm not asking for daily posts, but if you see something online that you feel is related to NANFA or our mission, you'd share that on the FB Page.  Once or twice a week would be great, just to keep our name/mission out there.  I feel the more social presence we have, the better.  

Now, if you use Twitter a lot, I could use some help there too, but I'm not sure if that works as easy as FB.  I'd have to look into adding a manager to that page.

Please let me know if you are interested.  Take some time to review prior posts on the official FB page if you're interested in what we've shared in the past.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#2 fundulus

fundulus
  • Global Moderator

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

I'm willing to keep doing what I've been doing, blocking Albanian gang members from joining, etc.

Bruce Stallsmith, Huntsville, Alabama, US of A

#3 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

I'd be interested. I've expressed interest a few times, but haven't heard anything back. I use both platforms, and really just for promotion of my own "FishGuyJosh" brand rather than any personal stuff. So I'm already on the lookout for relevant topics. I'm also on Instagram, and I link all three to each. So any Instagram post automatically goes to Twitter, and any twitter post automatically go to FB. Just let me know if you want some additional help.

FishGuyJosh

#4 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

I'm willing to keep doing what I've been doing, blocking Albanian gang members from joining, etc.

And thank you for keeping the spammers down.  This is for the other page, not the group.

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#5 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

I'd be interested. I've expressed interest a few times, but haven't heard anything back. I use both platforms, and really just for promotion of my own "FishGuyJosh" brand rather than any personal stuff. So I'm already on the lookout for relevant topics. I'm also on Instagram, and I link all three to each. So any Instagram post automatically goes to Twitter, and any twitter post automatically go to FB. Just let me know if you want some additional help.

I'll email you.  Do you use "Buffer" ?

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#6 olaf

olaf
  • NANFA Member

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

I can help out.
I don't know how a person would go about doing this on twitter. I'm already on there as @moxostoma and I don't really want to have to sign out to do something as NANFA then sign out and back on as me. If it's possible to tweet as multiple twitter accounts without it being a pain, I'd definitely help out. I post 80% fish-related stuff anyway, so sharing it twice wouldn't be a problem.
Redhorse ID downloads and more: http://moxostoma.com

#7 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

I'll email you.  Do you use "Buffer" ?

I don't use Buffer currently, but I can if that makes it easier. Currently I use IFTH (If this then that). It allows my Instagram account to post to Twitter and actually have a photo instead of just a link, then my Twitter account posts to FB automatically. I use that one just because it lets me get around Twitter not allowing Instagram photos to post.

FishGuyJosh

#8 MichiJim

MichiJim
  • NANFA Guest
  • Michigan Upper Peninsula

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

You seem to have plenty of offers, but I would be willing to help out.  I am retired, so I have the time.

#9 FishGuyJosh

FishGuyJosh
  • Regional Rep

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

Josh if you want to DM me the Twitter login I can begin using that as well. I don;t mind using that one one my work computer, as I usually am looking to retweet articles and such that might be good to pass on through NANFA. Is our FB account linked to our Twitter so that all Twitter postings go straight to FB as well?

FishGuyJosh

#10 Cu455

Cu455
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

You should consider making the page into a group. There is already a native fish keepers group but it doesn't get much action and mainly focuses on aquarium fish. I am sure if NANFA became a group the content will be much better and will be the go to place on facebook for native fish.

#11 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

There already is a NANFA group in addition to the NANFA page.

#12 Cu455

Cu455
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

Do you have a link to the group? I could only find the NANFA page and 2017 convention page.

#13 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

This should take you there: https://www.facebook...ps/65970536072/

#14 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:11 AM

You should consider making the page into a group. There is already a native fish keepers group but it doesn't get much action and mainly focuses on aquarium fish. I am sure if NANFA became a group the content will be much better and will be the go to place on facebook for native fish.

I'm actually not a fan of the Group.  People post lots of things and we cannot control what other, non-members, post.  Things get posted all the time that are against the NANFA code of ethics.  While I do think the group is warranted, I fear it can cast a negative light on the organization.

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#15 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

Josh, did you see the recent conversation about this already?
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#16 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

Josh, did you see the recent conversation about this already?

I feel like it's been discussed before, but I haven't seen it recently...  Have a link?

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#17 fundulus

fundulus
  • Global Moderator

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

What has been posted on the FB NANFA Group that is against NANFA, or the NANFA code?
Bruce Stallsmith, Huntsville, Alabama, US of A

#18 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

What has been posted on the FB NANFA Group that is against NANFA, or the NANFA code?

It's the potential. People asking for IDs on fish in tanks, and things like that. It's been well moderated, but having so many people it makes me worried.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#19 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

most recently, a bag full of what looks to be 3 inch bass

the conversation I was referring to though was someone saying that the reason they dont join NANFA is all the fish ID conversations that are just guesses and should be managed more scientifically with keys and such,  I see arguments where real experts and total unknown (at least to me) go back and forth for a wile and it seems that some of the people on FB are really just trolling... but on FB they cannot tell who is NANFA and who is not.  I've seen several of these "ID arguments" on FB... almost never on the forum, and always much more civil.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#20 MichiJim

MichiJim
  • NANFA Guest
  • Michigan Upper Peninsula

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

There was also a recent post that was quite offensive regarding a fish ID from the Detroit River.  What was most disturbing is it had 35 likes last time I saw it.  It puts NANFA in a bad light.  I know I am guilty of jumping in on a few posts where I regretted it lately.  That is why I am trying to move back to the forum.

We could establish a closed group on FB.  That way we can control the access.  But that kind of defeats the purpose; we should be able to use the FB to promote our organization. 

There are lots of security options that we could explore.  Facebook is not always a polite community.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users