Photo

list of fish bred by members

3 replies to this topic

#1 dsuperman

dsuperman
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

I've been searching,can't seem to find a list of fish bred by nanfa members regarding the BAP program.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

The program never really took off, and the member that was originally sponsoring the program, does not really frequent the forum..

Like all things NANFA, we need members to drive activities that interest them and that they are willing to lead.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

He made sure I got my certificate, and even suggested awarding it at the convention this year if I was going. At the time I didn't think I was, so he mailed it to me. He is also very active for our native fishes, but no, the forum is not his home and I'm not sure he has time to make the breeding program as much as it could be.

Now I know enough not to say these things without being ready to put my money where my mouth is. If that member is willing to take on an underling with a little more time to help out; I volunteer. I think a breeding program that ran the way he pictured it doing would be a really neat feather in NANFA's hat. That said, I am not qualified to run such an endeavor myself, and those who suffer with me on AC, Fishmap and other NANFA activities know I'm likely the last to have my part of the assignment ready. If anyone else wants to volunteer, that'd be awesome. I don't think our breeding program guy doesn't care, I just think it might be more than one busy person can make a priority.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 dsuperman

dsuperman
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the replies, it sure does sound like a lot of work.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users