Photo

Campers...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#21 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

I was supposed to be in on this camping thing, but I am not going to be able to attend the convention. ( my boss is a jerk)
I apologize if this throws a wrench in the group site. Matt

I imagine we could still get the group site, but we would have to "pretend" there are 10 of us, and pay accordingly. And tell your boss I am coming up there to speak to him :|

-The member currently known as Irate Mormon

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

Worst case scenario, if the quota is not met I would be happy to reimburse Brian for the difference. Due to my last minute cancellation. Martin, I will tell the boss.

#23 EdBihary

EdBihary
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:21 PM

I imagine we could still get the group site, but we would have to "pretend" there are 10 of us, and pay accordingly. And tell your boss I am coming up there to speak to him :|

I may be taking his place, anyway. I haven't canceled my motel reservations yet. I get paid tomorrow. After paying my bills, and seeing what is left, I will decide whether I need to cancel the motel reservations. But right now that is looking likely.

Is it $3 per person per night, or $3 per tent per night? If it is the former, I assume that kids count?

It is a major bummer that Matt can't make it.

#24 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

It is a major bummer that Matt can't make it.

Yup, I was looking forward to meeting the fellow!

#25 EdBihary

EdBihary
  • NANFA Member

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:34 PM

...but I am not going to be able to attend the convention.

And I was really looking forward to that grass carp tossing contest between you and Dredcon! Oh what a major bummer!

#26 smbass

smbass
  • Board of Directors

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

Man Matt I'm sorry to hear your not coming, I'm also sorry I haven't been keeping up with things on the site real well lately. I've have moved and got a job and all sorts of crazy stuff going on and don't have internet access at home yet so I'm sitting in my in-laws driveway making use of my wireless card. If we don't have ten maybe we will look into getting a site or two when we get there and canceling the group thing. So if I'm reading the thread right am I caught up to think that Todd and Company and me and Company are all that are for sure camping with the possibility of Ed and company? we may still have enough if Ed indeed does camp? Ed? Todd? am I correct?

Brian J. Zimmerman

Gambier, Ohio - Kokosing River Drainage

#27 EdBihary

EdBihary
  • NANFA Member

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

So if I'm reading the thread right am I caught up to think that Todd and Company and me and Company are all that are for sure camping with the possibility of Ed and company? we may still have enough if Ed indeed does camp? Ed? Todd? am I correct?

Well, I was planning on making a side trip Monday, which would have meant staying Sunday night. The side trip unfortunately has been canceled. Maybe for the better; fish collected over the weekend will get home sooner. Since I won't be staying Sunday night, two nights in the motel will be cheaper than three. It's making the motel look more affordable. While I know, like, and respect you and Todd, and look forward to your company, I would like to hang out at the motel and meet the others. Maybe I'm wrong, but I rather envision a couple beers in the motel bar as being the best way of socializing with the other participants those nights.

My daughter wants to go camping. But I think there will be other camping opportunities, like some Great Lakes Alliance trips. On those, hanging around the campsite would probably be a much better way of socializing with the participants, since they will all be there. There has been talk of doing French Creek sometime this year, maybe later this summer. Perhaps that might be a good camping opportunity?

#28 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:03 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I rather envision a couple beers in the motel bar as being the best way of socializing with the other participants those nights.

Having done both, I can tell you that both have their merits. You won't be disappointed either way.

#29 farmertodd

farmertodd
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

has been talk of doing French Creek sometime this year, maybe later this summer. Perhaps that might be a good camping opportunity?

If I ever bother with organizing anything ever again. No hard feelings, but really, it's historically been a waste of my time to try and make sure everyone else has arrangements and account for schedules, tastes, needs and so on and so forth. I'm glad I didn't bother with even the miniscule amount of time in this particular situation because I REALLY didn't have time to spare this time around. I understand Matt's decision, and I think he made the right one. And it's not any single decision or person that's been made surrounding this year's event, or the rest of the stuff this spring. It's been a long process, a long time in the making, and, well, I'm just tired of it. I'd rather just resign to the notion and not end up pissed at anyone, because they may get frustration that they didn't earn, since this has been such a long process to this point. And that is what I DO NOT want to do :)

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
http://www.farmertodd.com

#30 EdBihary

EdBihary
  • NANFA Member

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

If I ever bother with organizing anything ever again. No hard feelings, but really, it's historically been a waste of my time to try and make sure everyone else has arrangements and account for schedules, tastes, needs and so on and so forth. I'm glad I didn't bother with even the miniscule amount of time in this particular situation because I REALLY didn't have time to spare this time around. I understand Matt's decision, and I think he made the right one. And it's not any single decision or person that's been made surrounding this year's event, or the rest of the stuff this spring. It's been a long process, a long time in the making, and, well, I'm just tired of it. I'd rather just resign to the notion and not end up pissed at anyone, because they may get frustration that they didn't earn, since this has been such a long process to this point. And that is what I DO NOT want to do :)

Todd

I'm not sure I get what you're saying. Do you want to POSSIBLY camp at French Creek this summer? If it doesn't work out, so be it. It's just a thought for two months or so from now.

#31 farmertodd

farmertodd
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:41 AM

Exactly my point. I don't want to POSSIBLY do ANYTHING. You either ARE or you AREN'T, and people HAVEN'T after they said they WOULD, so I'm NOT.

:)
The Muddy Maumee Madness

#32 Drew

Drew
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

I'm sure you are aware that this is common when scheduling ANYTHING, from personal trips to business trips. If it frustrates you that much, then don't bother doing it. It just means someone else will have to step up and arrange trips. C'est la vie.
Drew on the Mighty Potomac River

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal

#33 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

I'm sure you are aware that this is common when scheduling ANYTHING, from personal trips to business trips. If it frustrates you that much, then don't bother doing it. It just means someone else will have to step up and arrange trips. C'est la vie.

I'm with Todd on this - I don't schedule any more trips for exactly this reason.

#34 Drew

Drew
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

I'm with Todd on this - I don't schedule any more trips for exactly this reason.

Well I'm happy for you too then.
Drew on the Mighty Potomac River

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal

#35 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

Well I'm happy for you too then.

Hey, we can all be happy together! =D>

Anyway, how many campers are we down to now? I'm losing track.

#36 farmertodd

farmertodd
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Martin,

All that's standing are the Zimmerman Four and the two of us in Camp PharmertodD.

Did you happen to ask about the gate? They say they close at sundown, but I wonder if they have a code lock since there's camping. Think I'm going to call them again about this...

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness

#37 farmertodd

farmertodd
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

I just talked to the campground. The gates are not locked, they just ask that we close them if we open them. Pretty straight forward. Man, in Ohio, they'll have them locked up at sundown tighter than Ft. Knox and an armed guard there just to make sure no one jumps it.

Todd
The Muddy Maumee Madness

#38 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

I just talked to the campground. The gates are not locked, they just ask that we close them if we open them. Pretty straight forward. Man, in Ohio, they'll have them locked up at sundown tighter than Ft. Knox and an armed guard there just to make sure no one jumps it.

Todd

Cool beans - the timing is gonna be tight if I'm gonna arrive in time to pitch camp while there's still daylight.

#39 farmertodd

farmertodd
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

And so we shall be known as the "Camping 8". Long live the Camping 8!
The Muddy Maumee Madness

#40 Irate Mormon

Irate Mormon
  • NANFA Member

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

And so we shall be known as the "Camping 8". Long live the Camping 8!

My wife wants to leave tonight, so...see you at Hagen Stone! We'll be in the RV area "B".