Photo

Triops

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Auban

Auban
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:04 AM

The 4th was pretty awesome. Good music, good family, good times.

I just got done unloading our ISU that had our personal stuff in it, so i now have my most recent batch of triops eggs to work with. Im not sure when or why i started keeping only the eggs from my most recent hatches, but i have been doing it for years now and these guys will now hatch in liquid rock.

I plan on draining my daughters triops tank, letting the substrate dry a bit to kill off most of what is currently growing, and then adding old tank water to the it and hatching some out.

Ill probably get started on that tomorrow. I dont really know what killed the last batch, but after thinking about it, i dont have the patience to try and find out.

Ill most likely be away from home again in a matter of weeks, and won't have much time home after that until after my next deployment.

Edited by Auban, 06 July 2018 - 12:04 AM.

"The ecologist is continually having to look at the aspects of nature with which he is unfamiliar and perforce must be an amateur for much of his working time.... professionals may carp at omissions, misconstructions, or even downright errors in these pages. perhaps ultimately they may forgive them for the sake of the overall vision that only the amateur, or the ecologist, blithely sets out to experience."G. Evelyn Hutchinson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users