Photo

NANFA is on Instagram!

16 replies to this topic

#1 Redfin

Redfin
  • NANFA Guest
  • Border of Chicago & Des Plaines Watershed and Cuyahoga Basin

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:33 AM

You can now follow NANFA on Instagram at official.nanfa and also tag them on any native fish posts.  I was lucky enough to be the first person to follow the account, but I hope I'm not the last!

I have some ideas, but I'm eager to hear from other people with ideas on what to do with the account.  As of right now, I'm thinking of taking submissions of fish pictures from NANFAns to show on the account and I will also reach out to people asking to post NANFA related pictures.  If anyone has any suggestions for other things to do with the account or for people/organizations to follow then please let me know.

Besides posting on the forum, you can also contact me with ideas, suggestions, or photos through the email on the account or a DM to the instagram account.  I've enjoyed NANFA for a while now and I am extremely excited to give back to the community and hopefully grow and strengthen it.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:57 AM

Thank you Jack (AKA Redfin), for stepping up to lead and manage this social media platform for the organization. We've got a handful of followers already and I'm sure there will be more, since I know there are a lot of NANFAns out there on this platform.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 damias

damias
  • NANFA Guest
  • Charlotte/Raleigh, NC

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:37 AM

If you guys need any help growing your following or finding content for the account (I follow several accounts who post pics of native fish and I'm sure they'd love to have their post over there), let me know.

I do digital marketing for a living and I'd love to help you guys out.

Funnily enough I just looked at the nanfa hashtag looking for new accounts to follow and didn't find much so I'm glad this is up and running now!

#4 Redfin

Redfin
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:31 PM

If you guys need any help growing your following or finding content for the account (I follow several accounts who post pics of native fish and I'm sure they'd love to have their post over there), let me know.

I do digital marketing for a living and I'd love to help you guys out.

Funnily enough I just looked at the nanfa hashtag looking for new accounts to follow and didn't find much so I'm glad this is up and running now!

That sounds awesome!  Feel free to send a DM on Instagram, I'd love to talk to you about ideas for improving the account.

#5 Matt DeLaVega

Matt DeLaVega
  • Forum Staff
  • Ohio

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

I need to jump in here and thank you for this effort. Really excellent initiative. This is the kind of thing that volunteer dependent organizations need. I wasn't going to respond until I got an Instagram account set up, but I didn't want to wait any longer to thank you for your effort. This is a big deal, thank you for taking it on. Please feel welcome to reach out to the BOD as you go down this road. We will help in any way possible. Very cool of you to give this a go.

The member formerly known as Skipjack

#6 damias

damias
  • NANFA Guest
  • Charlotte/Raleigh, NC

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

That sounds awesome!  Feel free to send a DM on Instagram, I'd love to talk to you about ideas for improving the account.

Will do!

#7 Redfin

Redfin
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

I need to jump in here and thank you for this effort. Really excellent initiative. This is the kind of thing that volunteer dependent organizations need. I wasn't going to respond until I got an Instagram account set up, but I didn't want to wait any longer to thank you for your effort. This is a big deal, thank you for taking it on. Please feel welcome to reach out to the BOD as you go down this road. We will help in any way possible. Very cool of you to give this a go.

Thank you very much, I'm excited to be able to give back to NANFA.  

Will do!

Thanks!  I'm usually able to respond pretty quickly.

As of right now, 2 days after the first post on the account, there has been more than 280 profile visits and 3 visits to the NANFA website from the link on the account.

#8 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

I'd love to talk with you about linking this to the Facebook page.

I manage the official Nanfa page and could desperately use some help.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5 using Tapatalk

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#9 Redfin

Redfin
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

I'd love to talk with you about linking this to the Facebook page.

Sounds good!  Feel free to send me a PM!

#10 Redfin

Redfin
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Update:

After only 20 days of posting, NANFA is up to 443 followers.  I recently decided to take a poll on how many of these followers were NANFA members.  Surprisingly, 60% of people who filled it out were not members.  As a result, I made an instructional post on how to navigate to the membership sign up page from the Instagram account and about the benefits of signing up.

I was prompted to make this post when someone mentioned NANFA in their Instagram story and said they had signed up and encouraged others to do so.  This means that there is one confirmed new member from the Instagram account and hopefully others that didn't publicize it!

#11 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

I've been following and think you are doing a great job as a fresh voice for NANFA in a new media niche that we were not filling.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#12 Josh Blaylock

Josh Blaylock
  • Board of Directors
  • Central Kentucky

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:06 AM

Update:

After only 20 days of posting, NANFA is up to 443 followers.  I recently decided to take a poll on how many of these followers were NANFA members.  Surprisingly, 60% of people who filled it out were not members.  As a result, I made an instructional post on how to navigate to the membership sign up page from the Instagram account and about the benefits of signing up.

I was prompted to make this post when someone mentioned NANFA in their Instagram story and said they had signed up and encouraged others to do so.  This means that there is one confirmed new member from the Instagram account and hopefully others that didn't publicize it!

Jack could you please contact me, either PM me here, or DM on Instagram.  Thanks.

Josh Blaylock - Central KY
NANFA on Facebook

KYCREEKS - KRWW - KWA

I hope to have God on my side, but I must have Kentucky.

- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

#13 pinkiemountain

pinkiemountain
  • NANFA Guest
  • Brisbane

Posted 03 October 2023 - 04:58 AM

Following official.nanfa on Instagram is a great way to stay connected with the community. Your idea of showcasing fish pictures from NANFAns and reaching out to post NANFA-related content sounds fantastic! It's all about fostering a sense of community and sharing our passion for native fish. Keep up the great work, and if you ever need inspiration or want to connect with like-minded accounts, there are some interesting IG accounts for sale that could provide unique perspectives.

Edited by pinkiemountain, 03 October 2023 - 05:01 AM.

#14 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 16 October 2023 - 07:57 AM

I tried to visit and Instagram shows the page as unavailable. Is it temporarily down or what is happening?

thanks.

Kevin Wilson

#15 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 16 October 2023 - 08:03 AM

Nevermind. The link in Redfin's signature doesn't seem to work, but when I searched in Instagram, I found it. Looks great!

Kevin Wilson

#16 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 17 October 2023 - 02:42 PM

Sorry about that Kevin, we have had to change links and NANFA administrators since then, sorry I didnt see your post yesterday.

#17 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 18 October 2023 - 08:07 AM

No problem Michael. I'm just glad that I found it and it's looking great.

Kevin Wilson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users