Photo

Film: Hidden Rivers

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Jeremy of Freshwaters Illustrated provided the MS NANFA Convention attendees a screening of Hidden Rivers!

It was shown in the theater of the museum after Kay & Martin's excellent Catfish Cookout, there on the museum grounds amongst the dinosaurs.

We had to clear out fast after the credits and had no time to discuss the film.

Jeremy asked me to ask NANFA members and viewers to visit the hiddenrivers.org site.

There you can get details about future screenings ( a Fall & Winter schedule is being developed ), sign up for notifications, purchase David Herasimtschuk prints and /or donate to the project. 

Attached File  HR-MS-Audiance.jpg   116.06KB   0 downloads

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#22 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow
  • Chattanooga, TN alongside South Chickamauga Creek, just upstream of the mighty Tennessee River.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

Knoxville Optimist Club.

About 60 folks attended including JR and Peggy Shute, Liz and Dr. Etnier, Little Eddie, new NANFA member Bradley Pruitt and former member Rob Mc.

I presented a 20 minute talk before the film screening and raised about $500. for Freshwaters Illustrated.

Attached File  OptimistLunch.JPG   121.84KB   0 downloads

Attached File  HR-Opitimist.jpg   91.58KB   0 downloads

Edited by Casper, 24 June 2019 - 09:58 AM.

Casper Cox
Chattanooga, near the TN Divide on BlueFishRidge overlooking South Chickamauga Creek.

#23 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

Well done sir
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#24 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

Wow, our Celebrity Snorkelmeister !!!

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#25 Toad Drool

Toad Drool
  • NANFA Guest
  • NYC

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:22 PM

Hi,

I am just now learning of this.  Does anyone know if this film has been released to the public?  Can I in NYC watch it?  I'm going to look online.  Thanks.

César

#26 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

Cesar...

This Fall and Winter the film will do screenings in the Southeast, along with film festivals nationwide.  If i get a schedule i should post it here.

BTW... I mailed your NANFA logo shirt yesterday.

Thank you for supporting NANFA.  I'm wearing mine today.  :)

Casper Cox

#27 Toad Drool

Toad Drool
  • NANFA Guest
  • NYC

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:55 PM

Hi Casper!

Thanks for the info.  I am really wanting to go see this film.  I help run a flora and fauna of Long Island class and can't wait to wear it for one of the days we go fishing.  I've got a plant, bug and salamander shirt, so I am more than happy to add to the collection.

César

#28 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

I enjoyed my 6th viewing of Hidden Rivers last week at Guntersville SP in Bama.  It just keeps getting better.  Years ago I had attended a Southeastern Fishes Council meeting there and had forgotten how beautiful the State Park is perched high overlooking the lake.

This occasion was the annual TRBN ( Tennessee River Basin Network ) meeting.  I had the honor of being nominated and awarded $5000. and will be applying it toward a special project.

Attached File  20-SnorkelDrone.JPG   89.16KB   0 downloads

Drone shot of the snorkel guy crawling up a creek.

Attached File  21-Award.JPG   83.18KB   0 downloads

Rum and Pineapple Juice compliments of TRBN.

Attached File  22-5000.JPG   123.72KB   0 downloads

The enthusiastic attending members after telling them how i will spend the funds.  I got to visit and chat with several fishy friends i have met over the years and added a few more interesting folks to my "network".

Attached File  23-HappyTrio.JPG   118.65KB   0 downloads

I'm pretty happy.

:)

Casper Cox

#29 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:04 AM

OK you tease.  What's the project already?   O:)

Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#30 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:52 PM

The "project" is nearing the final stages and i am most appreciative of NANFA's support.

But more news...

Jeremy has provided, at no cost to NANFA, a screening of Hidden Rivers at the upcoming South Carolina NANFA Convention, just as he did for NANFans way down yonder in Mississippi.

I guess i've seen it 6 times now and it just keeps getting better.

More news...

David Herasimtschuk, photographer and videographer for Hidden Rivers is featured in the brand new October issue of National Geographic, something he has aspired to since being a young boy!

Attached File  1-Cover.JPG   123.92KB   0 downloads

Attached File  3-Page.JPG   145.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  2-Pages.JPG   141.22KB   0 downloads

Jeremy will soon be providing a list of screenings for November, surely in a town near you.  Tomorrow Hidden Rivers is showing in Young Harris... do you know where that is?  If you are an active NANFA member you do.

Casper Cox

#31 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:39 AM

Hidden Rivers was a finalist at the Jackson Wild film festival along with Freshwaters Illustrated March of the Newts ! ( However, the film was beaten out by the sound of wild snails eating :)

https://www.jacksonw...dia-awards.html

( Hidden Rivers )

( Marching Newts )

Casper Cox

#32 Khai Wan

Khai Wan
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

Beautiful videos. Thank you so much.

#33 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:53 PM

The guys at Freshwaters Illustrated flew me out to Oregon for their hometown screening of Hidden Rivers.  It was my 7th time to view it and it just keeps getting better.  The film played at Corvallis's Whiteside theater, saved by its citizens and now screens art, cult and in this case one of their own's home town boys film project.  400 folks showed up and what an enthusiastic crowd they were!

Hidden Rivers will play at about a dozen locations this November.  Go to Freshwaters Illustrated and perhaps find a screening near you.

https://www.freshwat...g/hidden-rivers

I spent 10 days in Oregon, what a wonderful adventure it was, every day.  We went to Neptune, The Pacific Ocean, all kinds of Eaterys, Cider Houses and Farmer's Markets.  Hunted mushrooms i was to nervous to eat and bought many varieties to cook.  I even snorkeled a river and don't recall if i have ever been so cold.  40s Jeremy said.  I lasted about an hour but my fingers became useless nubs.  Jeremy had to peel off my wetsuit, rub me briskly with a dry towel and put my socks and shoes on!  I was able to put my own britches on, fortunately for us both.

Attached File  OR-Crowd.JPG   106.77KB   0 downloads

The balcony was near full too.  What a great crowd giving me a wonderful welcome.  I even drew winning a dozen winning numbers from the giveaway jar.

Attached File  OR-JeremyScreen.JPG   102.47KB   0 downloads

Jeremy getting ready for the presentations, speaking and film introduction.  Dave gave a 10 minute talk about his photography including the recent pages in the newest National Geographic.  They also showed March of the Newts from their Vimeo channel.  Check this short film out.  David took me to the coastal rain forest where parts were filmed and we watched my most western sunset.

Attached File  OR-Lights.JPG   125.79KB   0 downloads

The big show at a neat little theater.  HIDDEN RIVERS in moving lights.

Attached File  OR-Drysuit.JPG   186.35KB   0 downloads

Guess who is wearing a drysuit?  A warm Jeremy.  A beautiful site, crystal clear with structure, big crays, dace and sculpins.  I may post those some other time.

Attached File  OR-Wetsuit.JPG   180.42KB   0 downloads

5 mils is not enough i can truly testify.  I have now snorkeled in Oregon.  Check.  30 so more states to go.

Casper Cox

#34 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

I've lost track of how many times i've seen Hidden Rivers now.  Tomorrow Jeremy and / or i will present it at the SFC Holiday Inn near the Knoxville Sunsphere.  Then south to ATL for the Georgia Aquarium.  That will complete the November Tour.  The next tour will be after the holidays in March 2020.  If you think your community would enjoy it look over hiddenrivers.org and contact Jeremy.

Hidden Rivers was shown twice in my hometown of Chattanooga last Saturday at the VW facility.  About 20 environmental and nature groups displayed at the Noon til 8pm event.

A few nights ago we kicked off the Rome Film Festival with a screening.

Attached File  13-JeremyBeaver.JPG   113.4KB   0 downloads

Jeremy dressed up to present the film.

Attached File  10-Popcorn.JPG   119.85KB   0 downloads

I ate popcorn and displayed the Hidden Rivers Snorkel Guide.  Nearly sold out of the 1st edition.

Attached File  14-JeremyPoster.JPG   115.59KB   0 downloads

In Rome from Oregon.

Casper Cox

#35 Casper

Casper
  • NANFA Fellow

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:19 PM

M A Y   D A Y S

Freshwaters Illustrated, the creators of the film "Hidden Rivers" are offering a special May Days discount to those so inclined.
Contribute $50. to the Hidden Rivers project and receive unlimited viewings of the film "Hidden Rivers" for a year AND get a copy of "Snorkeling the Hidden Rivers of Southern Appalachia" which will guide you to many of the film's beautiful sites.

10 years in the making, Jeremy, Dave and members of their team visited the Southeast filming all kinds of critters and characters.  They edited everything, refining it to their best imagery, adding music and the narration of a wonderful elderly wise voice, i have long considered the Freshwater team visual poets.

After the film was released i was awarded several grants ( Including one from our NANFA ) and working together we designed and printed a snorkel guide to compliment the film.  The need was expressed as after each showing people would approach us and ask how they can see these wonderful things.  Thus "Snorkeling the Hidden Rivers of Southern Appalachia" was spawned.  75 color pages.  Maps, sites, species, gear, safety, environmental issues and where to get the best Hillbilly Taco.

( Preview to Hidden Rivers )

To take advantage of this May offer visit...

Casper Cox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users