Fishy Groom's Cake and Cake Topper

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 UncleWillie

UncleWillie
  • NANFA Member
  • Georgia

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:50 AM

This past Saturday I got married in my front yard with a couple of close friends and family joining via webcam meeting.  Although it wasn't what we had planned, we refused to change our wedding date because of the virus, we made do with what we had, and it went wonderfully.  We were unable to get deposits back on flowers and a groom's cake that my now wife/then fiance ordered.  She surprised me on Saturday with a cake representing my favorite fish!  I knew immediately what it was supposed to be, and wanted to see if yall had guesses as well.  So here are some photos.  Also, check out the cake topper that she insisted we have haha!

Attached Files

Willie P

#2 brackishdude

brackishdude
  • NANFA Member

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:59 AM

Not sure what the fish is, but you clearly caught a keeper!

As your fellow, I can demand of you no more, and accept no less, than I allow to be demanded of myself

#3 Dustin

Dustin
  • Forum Staff

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:29 PM

Congratulations!  You are a very lucky man indeed.

The fish looks to be a warmouth.

Dustin Smith
At the convergence of the Broad, Saluda and Congaree
Lexington, SC

#4 keepnatives

keepnatives
  • Regional Rep

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

That's great got to agree she's a keepe r.  Could it be a warmouth, certainly a sunfish of some type.  Blue cats on the topper?  Sorry for the historical marker but at least it will help when memory starts being less reliable.  Best wishes and God bless.

Mike Lucas
Mohawk-Hudson Watershed
Schenectady NY

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

Its a Sandwich Cake!!! Sandwich certainly approves.

And for those that don't know, Uncle Willie was with me on that day when a little cracker was caught and came to my house and started growing into the mighty Sandwich.

Attached File  DSCN3979.JPG   78.54KB   0 downloads

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 Ournativeson

Ournativeson
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:01 PM

Congratulations, great cake!

#7 UncleWillie

UncleWillie
  • NANFA Member
  • Georgia

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

Thanks folks! Lucky man indeed.  And yes, it's a warmouth.  Not bad from just a photo.  I will also say it was quite delicious (the cake I mean).  Most cakes I've ever had that have been sculpted sometimes have strange textures or tastes to the icing, but not this one.  I would have also accepted the answer of tripletail, haha.  Michael, I am glad Sandwich is still around and doing well!  

Attached Files

Willie P

#8 rc6750

rc6750
  • NANFA Member
  • Tampa Bay, FL

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:33 AM

Congrats!

#9 fritz

fritz
  • Board of Directors

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

Uncle Willie

We would like to publish this in the next American Currents, if OK with you.  pm me at fritz.rohde@gmail.com

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users