Photo

Carteret County, NC August 2021

3 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainCritter

CaptainCritter
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:11 PM

Good evening. I'll be staying in this area in August. Curious to see what they have for freshwater. Interested in bluespotted, black banded, and mud sunfish, madtoms if any and whatever they might have for minnows. Probably end up being mostly "blackwater species in this area which is fine by me. Legal stuff only and I will buy a license and collecting permit if necessary. I'd like to collect or buy cypress knees or logs too, once again if it is legal to do so. So if anyone knows of any good collecting spots let me know. Brackish water species in the area might interest me too. Sheepshead minnows and such. Thank you in advance.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:58 PM

doesnt look like any freshwater!!! it looks like an island.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 gerald

gerald
  • Global Moderator
  • Wake Forest, North Carolina

Posted 25 April 2021 - 12:11 AM

You can download the Atlas of the Freshwater Fishes of North Carolina with distrib maps here:

https://trace.tennes...=sfcproceedings.

Carteret Co includes both mainland and island.  Croatan Forest has many blackwater species.

Gerald Pottern
-----------------------
Hangin' on the Neuse
"Taxonomy is the diaper used to organize the mess of evolution into discrete packages" - M.Sandel

#4 CaptainCritter

CaptainCritter
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for replies and info.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users