Easiest breeder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

Does anyone know what egg-laying native is easiest to breed? I'm looking for an easy-to-breed egg-layer that doesn't require anything special.

#2 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

There are a lot of 'easy' ones but all this is relative to how much space, time and effort you want to put into them.

#3 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:56 PM

I've got a 100 gal pond to put fish in. I was thinking of getting some longear sunnies, grass picks, or bluespots. Maybe even some pirate perch or tadpole madtoms. The pond will probably have a sand substrate and 2/3 will be well planted. It's outside, so is subject to weather and temp. changes. I just wanted something that I can get into the native keeping business with. I'm planning on getting an aquaculture license so that I can breed them and sell the left over offspring. All I have in my backyard is mosquito fish, bluegill, LMB, grass picks(although, I've only seen 2 in the past 14 years), and creek chub. Once I cought this little silver fish. Not sure what it was. At my dad's house we've got some tipe of fish that looks like a SRBD but without the red belly. I can't seem to find out what kind of fish it is, but I'll eventually post pics.

P.S. I don't have a job or anything, so I'll be able to put as much time as needed into breeding these fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users