I've dealt with this for awhile but wanted to ask.... I get this micro-thin and spotty green algae on my tank walls, and unlike brown algae, it almost takes steel wool to remove. I typically use (lightly) the green Scotch bright pads to remove it. This stuff sucks, and apparently I am doing something wrong. I am using softened well water in my tank. What is this stuff, why is it so hard to remove, and what can I do to prevent it? I understand that reducing nutrients in the water is an algae preventative, but this stuff isn't on the rocks and artificial plants, but on the tank walls.
Blessings and thank you.
The Grumpy Old Man.