My stream

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 410 John

410 John
  • NANFA Guest
  • Havre de Grace, Maryland

Posted 06 July 2023 - 04:12 PM

Ill start posting my videos here. I have a stream in my backyard. Theres dace and darters mainly. More than one type of darter as far as I can tell. Maybe the Maryland Darter is back there. I talked to the DNR about that. They seem to sample in much bigger streams. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/IR-cASIIemE

#2 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 06 July 2023 - 09:40 PM

Very cool John! Maybe we should all get together and try kick seining to see if we can find Maryland darters or Chesapeake logperch!

Kevin Wilson

#3 410 John

410 John
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 07 July 2023 - 05:37 PM

Yes, would be cool. Ill have to make a photo tank.

#4 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 10 July 2023 - 07:58 AM

I bought the Luxe modular single narrow jewelry door from The Container Store. I don't use the drawer, but the acrylic box that is home for that door makes a great photo tank. I also bought some black plexiglass from Amazon and cut it to fit as a backdrop and way to secure the fish for the picture. It works very well but you have to keep it protected from being scratched or from me stepping on it. I keep it in bubble wrap in a ziplok back in my backpack. Of course, you could just make your own, but it was easier for me to buy this. I like the dimensions too, because I can put some decent size sunfish in there as well as the smallest minnows and get a nice pic most of the time. I think that it cost $15 when I bought one but looks like inflation has them currently at $25 (SMH).

Here's a longear sunfish in the photo tank.

Longear_in_Photo_Tank.jpg

Glenn_Longear.jpg

Kevin Wilson

#5 410 John

410 John
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 12 July 2023 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the info. And great looking long ear. Zimmerman has some for sale(long ears.

#6 Chasmodes

Chasmodes
  • NANFA Member
  • Central Maryland

Posted 12 July 2023 - 11:32 AM

We can get them in Potomac River if you want some. I've got several good locations now.

Kevin Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users