Photo

Hello from South Carolina!

4 replies to this topic

#1 ogo

ogo
  • NANFA Guest
  • South Carolina

Posted 30 October 2023 - 06:52 PM

I'm trying to get into local native fish. I'm especially hoping to learn about some darters in my state, as I might see if I can catch and keep any. Hope everyone is having a lovely day and I'm looking forward to learning more!

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 October 2023 - 07:45 PM

Welcome, we have some great members in South Carolina (they recently hosted a great annual convention).  I am sure you can get some help form them.  I am over in Georgia, but we share a lot of border (which is a river so a lot of similar drainages and fishes).

You can certainly catch and keep some great fishes in South Carolina.  Tell us a little be more about your location (nothing specific, but maybe general area in the state or major river drainage?  Fish change with location (like the coastal fish in SE SC are really different than the fish in the mountains to the NW).

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 ogo

ogo
  • NANFA Guest
  • South Carolina

Posted 30 October 2023 - 08:41 PM

Welcome, we have some great members in South Carolina (they recently hosted a great annual convention).  I am sure you can get some help form them.  I am over in Georgia, but we share a lot of border (which is a river so a lot of similar drainages and fishes).

You can certainly catch and keep some great fishes in South Carolina.  Tell us a little be more about your location (nothing specific, but maybe general area in the state or major river drainage?  Fish change with location (like the coastal fish in SE SC are really different than the fish in the mountains to the NW).

Thanks for the welcome! Good to know there's a convention for in the future...

I am in the coastal area of SC, near where the Ashley River hits the ocean. Quite a lot of brackish water around here.

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 31 October 2023 - 08:43 PM

Yes, we have an annual convention.  2023 was in SC, 2024 has been announced as being in SE Oklahoma!  You should come join us.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#5 ShadetreeIchthyologist

ShadetreeIchthyologist
  • Regional Rep
  • Charleston SC

Posted 16 November 2023 - 11:40 PM

Welcome to NANFA. I’m your regional representative for the area. Feel free to reach out if you want to meet up and find some fish.
"Amateurs can potentially make valuable contributions to our knowledge of fishes". - Etnier and Starnes

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users