NANFA Youtube Channel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AquaHobbyist123

AquaHobbyist123
  • NANFA Member
  • Upper Catawba Watershed in Caldwell County, NC south of Boone

Posted 21 November 2023 - 07:27 PM

I  browse on youtube sometimes, and recently I saw the NANFA Youtube channel and watched the videos on it, but unfortunately all of them are very old. With all the amazing snorkel footage that members take and other video opportunities I wonder why the channel is not being used as a form of outreach? It could truly be a useful tool with a variety of video types such as video care guides, education about collecting practices and conservation, etc.

Thomas Lyons

Fortunate to have multiple watersheds within a reasonable drive, with the Upper Yadkin, Watauga, and Upper New watersheds within 40 minutes.

#2 AquaHobbyist123

AquaHobbyist123
  • NANFA Member
  • Upper Catawba Watershed in Caldwell County, NC south of Boone

Posted 21 November 2023 - 07:33 PM

*currently, because there are a few good ones.

Thomas Lyons

Fortunate to have multiple watersheds within a reasonable drive, with the Upper Yadkin, Watauga, and Upper New watersheds within 40 minutes.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:14 PM

I am not sure who actually "owns" that page or has access to upload videos.  I recognize a couple of the videographers but like you said it does not seem like anyone has uploaded anything in a while.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Honeybuil

Honeybuil
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 13 December 2023 - 06:56 AM

That's a great observation! Utilizing the NANFA Youtube channel for outreach is an excellent idea, especially with the wealth of knowledge and experiences within the community. Video care guides, educational content on collecting practices, and conservation efforts could indeed be valuable resources.
If the channel were to be revitalized, it might attract a broader audience and help spread awareness about native fish and their conservation. It could also be an opportunity to gain real YouTube subscribers and engage with a more extensive community interested in aquatic ecosystems.

Edited by Honeybuil, 13 December 2023 - 06:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users