What would you do?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:56 AM

I am trying to get the park district I volunteer for to let me get the old native riffle tank they had running back in operation and stocked.
I would like to have some NANFA fliers/registration forms available, and a small checklist with common fish for my area available.
Does NANFA have fliers I can order? How would you go about creating a checklist? Would you divide it by family, color, habitat or something else?
What NE Ohio, Grand River watershed natives would you recommend?
I was thinking Blacknosed Dace, Rainbow, and Fantailed Darters.
I want to do this for the Park, but also to get the word out about NANFA.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tom

#2 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Tom,

You can download an informational brochure on the NANFA homepage (but I'll link here)
This is a nice way to let folks know what NANFA does and also has a registration form at the bottom.

You can also download a tri-fold brochure here
This brochure is quite convenient.

And last you can download a registration form here.

All of these documents are available on the NANFA homepage.

As far as creating a checklist.....I'm not all that familiar with the state of Ohio and how they deal with distribution data but I would PM Skipjack and see if he might be able to provide a link that might help you compile a list for your area.

#3 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

Thanks Teleost.
I will PM skipjack tonight after I
get home from work.
I may PM farmertodd as well, I think he is the rep for Ohio.

#4 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Teleost.
I will PM skipjack tonight after I
get home from work.
I may PM farmertodd as well, I think he is the rep for Ohio.

Skipjack (Matt) is actually the regional rep for OH. I haven't updated the website yet to reflect that change.

Edit : Todd has some posters and documents that he may be willing to let you borrow, so it would be worth contacting him as well.

#5 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

Tom,

Which park district? Grand River Partners already has the files for the Travellin' Fish Show that is probably customized to your watersheds there. I can get you a person to get in contact with.

Also, as Drew has said, Skipjack is now the Ohio Rep. I've had to scale back my responsibilities recently.

Todd

#6 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

Which park district?

Geauga Park District. I already volunteer for them and have contacted the proper people, just waiting for replies. I just want to have everything ready when I get the go ahead. A contact in this area would be great, may have some helpful information.

They should update this http://www.nanfa.org/regional.shtml
Still says:
Ohio
Regional Representative
Todd Crail
2348 Sherwood
Toledo, Ohio 43614
419-381-6585
todd@farmertodd.com

Thanks,
Tom

Will PM skipjack after work.

#7 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Skipjack (Matt) is actually the regional rep for OH. I haven't updated the website yet to reflect that change.

#8 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Ok, I skipped that last part about not updating. Sorry.

#9 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

If you visit natureserve.org you should be able to get lists of the fishes native to the state and even narrow it down the the watershed. It won't be in checklist form but perhaps you can edit it somehow.

#10 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

If you visit natureserve.org you should be able to get lists of the fishes native to the state and even narrow it down the the watershed. It won't be in checklist form but perhaps you can edit it somehow.

Use the search by watershed feature:
http://www.natureser...dHucs/index.jsp

You should easily be able to copy and paste that list into Word or Excel and make a checklist of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users