Hey Y'all

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rjmtx_*

Guest_rjmtx_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Thanks Skipjack for directing me to this site, it's like cool spring water in the swamp of the 'net. Here's a little about myself in fish terms. I started out keeping fish as a kid. Went through the livebearer phase, numerous cichlid kicks, some marine and brackish stuff, and now am in a Bichir kick, along with my relatively recent (past few years) plunge into the fine points of native Texas fishes. I'm an aquatic bio student at Texas State, and have been a sort of "permanent/temporary" intern at Parks and Wildlife for a while now. I work in Freshwater Resources-what I think of as fighting the good fight (you may call us minnow huggers).
I've also fished for as long as I can remember, and mostly wade the flats on the coast these days. Still, there's no kick like the treasure hunt of pulling a seine in crystal clear 70 degree water on a hot day.
Anyway, it's good to be here.

#2 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

Welcome rjm. Very glad you signed up here. Minnow hugger :tongue: I hope you don't mind if I use that in casual conversation.

#3 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

Ha! figured this was more up your alley! Welcome!

#4 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

Always nice to see another 'Minnow hugger' :D

#5 Guest_iturnrocks_*

Guest_iturnrocks_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:20 PM

That crystal clear water sounds like fun. Welcome.

#6 Guest_Mysteryman_*

Guest_Mysteryman_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:29 AM

Ah, the coastal flats. I used to drive a truck, and I'd wind up in Galveston every now and then. While waiting, and waiting, and waiting at the warehouse for my load of bananas or whatever to get loaded up, I used to get a huge kick out of walking down to the flats and stomping around in them to see what I could find. I found plenty, too!
I gotta get back down there someday.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users