Ne Ohio Trip

34 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

This should be a good trip. I hope to make it up that way, and get out with a few of you sometime soon. I have never sampled in the lake Erie drainage.

#22 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

This should be a good trip. I hope to make it up that way, and get out with a few of you sometime soon. I have never sampled in the lake Erie drainage.

Is Lake Erie ready for you?

#23 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

This will keep up to date! Let's hope for great weather.

#24 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

Is Lake Erie ready for you?

Well, I hope she is. I know that many others, with much more knowledge than I, have played on her banks. Hopefully I will have the chance to follow suit.

#25 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

Well, I hope she is. I know that many others, with much more knowledge than I, have played on her banks. Hopefully I will have the chance to follow suit.

Cant wait to show you around this area.

UPDATE:
I was informed at around 9 tonight that natetessler13 will be in attendance.

#26 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

UPDATE:
I was informed at around 9 tonight that natetessler13 will be in attendance.

Now you have got a trip!

#27 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Now you have got a trip!

So far we have between 7 and 11 people who will be in attendance.

NANFA members coming:
Nate
Mike
Ed
Tom
Matthew

The water levels are very manageable. The way that the rain has been coming into Ashtabula I am not very concerned about the front.
NOAA Weather is predicting about 30% chance. But most of the heavy rain events have been going around us.

I am working on a few access sites that have great potential.
I am looking forward to the trip.

#28 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:31 AM

I am sorry to have to cancel the trip :sad: . After talking with Nate and Ed we have decided from the multiple factors (80% chance of heavy rain, high 68, and thunderstorms) that it would be safer to cancel the trip. 68 would be great if it was sunny! below is the forcast posted at 6:00am this morning.

Today: Periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 68. Southeast wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Nate said it was pouring by him.

I will see if my schedule allows for a sunday rain date. I hope the Gar trip is going well they had pretty nice weather the past two days.

#29 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:24 AM

I am sorry to have to cancel the trip :sad: . After talking with Nate and Ed we have decided from the multiple factors (80% chance of heavy rain, high 68, and thunderstorms) that it would be safer to cancel the trip. 68 would be great if it was sunny! below is the forcast posted at 6:00am this morning.

Today: Periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 68. Southeast wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

I will see if my schedule allows for a sunday rain date. I hope the Gar trip is going well they had pretty nice weather the past two days.

I've been waiting for 2 weeks.

Posted Image

#30 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, it's going to be one of THOSE days. We were hoping to get some research done up in Michigan, but it's rain, rain and more rain all day long.

Good day to curl up with "Fishes of X" and doze off into a happy nap :)

Todd

#31 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, it's going to be one of THOSE days. We were hoping to get some research done up in Michigan, but it's rain, rain and more rain all day long.

Good day to curl up with "Fishes of X" and doze off into a happy nap :)

Todd

Nate was going to bring me 2 grass pickerals

I'll see if he wants to meet half way.

#32 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

High of 68 degrees F? That's some summer weather. It's 85 at 10 a.m. in north 'bama. Of course, we're in desperate need of rain.

#33 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

I hope the Gar trip is going well they had pretty nice weather the past two days.

:???: Oh the weather here is just ASSTASTIC!!!! 66F, thunderstorms, flood advisory...
WUNIDS_map.gif
Where still going out and gettin fish though :P

#34 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

In NE Ohio we were very bad off as far as rain goes. In surveying the Ashtabula river via canoe we had to stop floats by May 8th. But the last 4 weeks the rain has picked back up.

I was really looking forward to getting out today. One of the spots in the Ashtabula Harbor that we were going to use the 50' seine some on had caught a muskie. I have not been able to use a large net like this for about 10 years.

I am definately going to be having some weekday afternoon/evening trips soon. Probably only locals would be able to make it. I probably will not be able to plan another weekend trip for a month in a half.

#35 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

I probably will not be able to plan another weekend trip for a month in a half.

Well, lets get planning

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users