Program Flea Pills For Anchor Worm Treatment?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

I've heard of a few people using Program flea pills for treating Anchor Worms and having success with it. Supposedly, it works in the same fashion as Dimilin, in that it is a chitin inhibitor. Has anyone here tried that treatment with positive results? I've read snippets about it on Koivet and a few other forums, but there is not a lot of feedback on this method.

#2 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:09 PM

Well, after trying the Program treatment, there are no new outbreaks and 2 of the 3 visible anchor worms turned pale white, shriveled up and fell off or died. Looking good so far I guess.

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

Well, after trying the Program treatment, there are no new outbreaks and 2 of the 3 visible anchor worms turned pale white, shriveled up and fell off or died. Looking good so far I guess.

Interesting - what dosage did you use?

#4 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Interesting - what dosage did you use?

I cut a 100 mg pill in half and dosed a 125 g tank with appoximately 50 mg.

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

This is good information to have - thanks for sharing.

#6 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:37 PM

This is good information to have - thanks for sharing.

Now it's just time to sit back and watch for 'em to come back. I know there are a few remedies that work and the dimilin, but this was easy and cheap.

#7 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

Now it's just time to sit back and watch for 'em to come back. I know there are a few remedies that work and the dimilin, but this was easy and cheap.

Any news? I have anchor worm in one of my tanks, and was curious if this worked, I'm trying Jungle Labs Parasite Clear

#8 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:13 PM

Any news? I have anchor worm in one of my tanks, and was curious if this worked, I'm trying Jungle Labs Parasite Clear

It's been quite a while, and still no signs of flukes, so I'll give this treatment a thumbs up.

#9 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

It's been quite a while, and still no signs of flukes, so I'll give this treatment a thumbs up.

Good to know, The product I was using seems to have worked.

#10 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

Good to know, The product I was using seems to have worked.

That's great. Flukes suck.

#11 Guest_diburning_*

Guest_diburning_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:28 AM

sorry to bring up a dead thread, but my goldfish just got anchor worm and I started medicating on Jungle Parasite Clear. I did some research online and it found out that Jungle's Parasite Clear and Dimilin have the same active anti-fluke ingredients. (difluorobenzamide)

i'll let you know how it goes.

#12 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

sorry to bring up a dead thread, but my goldfish just got anchor worm and I started medicating on Jungle Parasite Clear. I did some research online and it found out that Jungle's Parasite Clear and Dimilin have the same active anti-fluke ingredients. (difluorobenzamide)

i'll let you know how it goes.

It should work fine. I just did the flea pill 'cuz my LFS was out of parasite meds and I can't find Dimilin locally.

#13 Guest_diburning_*

Guest_diburning_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:40 AM

it worked great. I added melafix and the worms dropped off and the wounds healed i a week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users