Newby From Savannah

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jimjim_*

Guest_jimjim_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Hi All; Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been into planted tanks and Tanganikan cichlids for about 40 years and have just recently gotten interested in native fish. Man, have I been missing somthing. I've just set up a 180 gal tank in the living room and am in the process of making it into a pretty tank (wife sez) for native plants and fish. Anyone loacal or close? Jim

#2 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

my aunts in pooler so I get down there sometimes
I'm in greenville SC only 4-5 hours north I might be going down to pooler for thanksgiving I'll let you know if I do

#3 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

I live in Atlanta. I've been to Savannah. I went on a ghost tour down there. The mosquitoes are 3 times the size of the ones up here.

#4 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

I am in Columbia and we make it down there periodically to Hardeeville. You are welcome up this way any time.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hey Jim,

I'm not really that close... up in Athens, GA but welcome... and like some others said, maybe we can get together... there are a few of us in te general area that could meet up somewhere.

MWolfe

Hi All; Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been into planted tanks and Tanganikan cichlids for about 40 years and have just recently gotten interested in native fish. Man, have I been missing somthing. I've just set up a 180 gal tank in the living room and am in the process of making it into a pretty tank (wife sez) for native plants and fish. Anyone loacal or close? Jim

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 Guest_jimjim_*

Guest_jimjim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. There are several places here for small natives depending on the season. If you like brackish water there are several quite colorful minnows, most of whom I hav'nt a clue as their names. There are also lots of aquarium plants growing wild here just for the taking. The old canals are full of H. formosa, E. evergladi, Mosquito fish and several other minnows. Email if anyone wants to collect some, my days (I'm old and retired) are pretty free. gswinford2@comcast.net ...Jim

Attached Images

• swamp_1.jpg

Attached Files

#7 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

I am on a quest for wild plants too! It's more fun than the fish, actually. Please post photos regularly in the plants section!

#8 Guest_solidago_*

Guest_solidago_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:19 AM

I'm a newcomer to this forum from Jacksonville, FL. I visit or travel through Savannah a few times a year. My main interest is aquatic plants (native and exotic) but I have an ongoing interest in the native aquatic critters, too.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users