Hello Everyone

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FishandFire_*

Guest_FishandFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

I'm from Silvis, IL which is right along the Mississippi River. Plenty of small rivers feeding in and creeks feeding those in our area. I am new to native collecting and some friends (if I can call them that) suggested I stop by here.

Here is a pic of my only native tank. Has several darters, some red shiners, two sticklebacks, a southern red bellied dace and something else as of yet unidentified.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_MrAquarium_*

Guest_MrAquarium_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:01 AM

Hey there FishNfish,
Thanks for joining up, Now I don't feel so much a stanger :)

Nice 7-Up bottle.

#3 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:48 AM

Another Illinois member, cool! Thanks for joining the forum guys. Your tank looks nice and if you can isolate the fish in question, I'm pretty sure many will work on an ID.

I'll be stopping by the Quad cities area later this week. I'd love to get my schedule coordinated sometime and get in the water with the neat group of guys in the area. I think there's at least three members in the area now.

#4 Guest_schoolofperch_*

Guest_schoolofperch_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

Another Illinois member, cool! Thanks for joining the forum guys. Your tank looks nice and if you can isolate the fish in question, I'm pretty sure many will work on an ID.

I'll be stopping by the Quad cities area later this week. I'd love to get my schedule coordinated sometime and get in the water with the neat group of guys in the area. I think there's at least three members in the area now.

Yeah. Count me in on that area. I am in the quad cities once a weekend for the next 8 weeks.

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

If that were a beer bottle you would have a Mississippi biotope!

#6 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:07 PM

Welcome to the group. Nice Aquarium.

#7 Guest_FishandFire_*

Guest_FishandFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. Been scouring the site and there is some great info here.

We found the bottle while seining last Saturday, buried in the mud of the creek we were in. Brought it home, cleaned it up so that the fish would feel more at home.

#8 Guest_Fishwhisperer_*

Guest_Fishwhisperer_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

Hey FF, nice to see you and Larry hanging out here. Teleost is right. There are now 3 of us. We could take this joint over now. I'm up for a collecting trip whenever you guys can get this way schoolofperch. Tried to put together a few trips with Uland but never quite got it done. Mr. Aquarium, FF and I go fairly often around here.

#9 Guest_schoolofperch_*

Guest_schoolofperch_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

I will be in Moline on Saturday! Class at 8am then out at noon. You busy after that?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users