Feeding Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mshi_*

Guest_mshi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:33 AM

I have a pumpkinseed. Its about 3" and its been in the tank about a month. Up until a few days ago it has been eating well. I have been feeding them prepared food along with live night crawlers. Now it does not seem to be interested in eating. Other than that it appears to be behaving normally. The temp in the tank has been about mid-upper 60s. In the last few days the outside temps have dropped (northeast PA) and the temp in the tank has dropped to lower 60s (it is located in a cooler area of my basement). Does this sound like it is temp related or should I be looking at some type of illness? The other fish, dace, minnows, red breast sunny, are still eating OK.

#2 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:04 AM

check your water params

ph-
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate

it is a good idea to check your water once a month so that you can get an idea of what is normal for your tank.

I would think that until the water got into the low 40's it would continue to eat normally.

it could be nothing at all though,

#3 Guest_mshi_*

Guest_mshi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:39 AM

Water parameters are good. pH has been steady, Nitrate and Ammonia are 0, Nitrates are OK (it is a Walstad type set up). I guess I will just have to monitor and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users