Anbody Know...

25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_nativecollector_*

Guest_nativecollector_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

I dont think having an article in FAMA once a month would be a bad idea. I first heard about NANFA in one of the mags in the early 90's but never joined NANFA until this past year. (that was just my lazyness) To support the article idea, I never though about keeping bettas until I started reading the FAMA betta article each month in the mag. Then I saw the dipnetter section and that is what started me into the native fish. So I think an article a month would not be such a bad publicity idea for the org.

Pat

#22 Guest_threegoldfish_*

Guest_threegoldfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:19 PM

I've only got a subscription to TFH but it seems like unless you write an article for the magazine, they don't do a lot of mentioning the activites of organizations' activites any more other than in the calendar in the back. I picked up a bunch of FAMAs from 1996 at a fish auction a couple of months ago and was really interested to see NANFA mentioned in probably six different issues as well as the activities of other large regional organizations and specific-fish orgs in the news column right after the letters to the editor. It's too bad they don't do that any more. I really liked those highlights.

#23 Guest_TurtleLover_*

Guest_TurtleLover_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

It would be cool to see an article a month covering what's available in certain areas. Maybe start with regions and then narrow down specific watersheds. Basically give people wanting to get into the hobby an idea of where they can go in their area and what they can look for. Then add a little clip at the bottom of each article with a plug for NANFA membership and if they have any questions they can join the forum and learn more here.

#24 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

Maybe Irate can talk to them.....

You realize this is an invitation for trouble, yes?

#25 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:59 PM

I picked up a bunch of FAMAs from 1996 at a fish auction a couple of months ago and was really interested to see NANFA mentioned in probably six different issues

Don Dewey was a real friend to NANFA. Also a swell fellow. I miss him.

#26 Guest_FishandFire_*

Guest_FishandFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

I'm sure people along the Mississippi have heard of Chad Pregracke, but others may not have. NANFA may want to "partner" with his organization somehow.

http://www.livinglan.../About/chad.htm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users