Advice Needed - Choosing A Kayak

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_jimjim_*

Guest_jimjim_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Irate: I've been yakking for years and have found the 10' to 12' sit on tops best for all around use in swamps and creeks. Rivers and large bodies of water on the other hand nees a longer yak. It has more to do with maneuverability (sp?) in small waters and the long bow wave for longer trips. (Easier to paddle long distances, you're not fighting the "keep it straight" issue). Go to Paddling.net and look into their nationwide advertisment. theres hundreds of used yaks and canoes there....Jim

#22 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

Well, a camping trip down the Pearl is not out of the question!

#23 Guest_TFD_*

Guest_TFD_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

I picked up this Peception Keowee II for $200 from an 80 year old man who was selling it because his wife won't go out with him any more. He still has his solo Kayak. They don't make this model anymore but is rated for 650 LBS. Wieghs About 65 LBS. It can be paddled solo or tandem. I take my dog, kids, and lots of gear in it on learby lakes. I have even taken it out in the Gulf of Mexico.

This is closest current model but it is 82LBS. http://www.perceptio...om/acadia-ii-14

Me with my daughter in the bay at Destin, FL. My son is in the backgournd in his Pelican Pursuit (it is great for him but I wouldn't recommend it for an adult)

Attached File  kayak.jpg   72.25KB   0 downloads

#24 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

Man, that looks like fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users