Need Some How To Help....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_airbrn1187_*

Guest_airbrn1187_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

How does one go about starting their own white worm or daphnia cultures? How difficult is it and how easily is it to maintain? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

I'm sure Matt will be around later, but he posted these a while back: http://forum.nanfa.o...?showtopic=2183

I tried daphnia myself but didn't have the discipline/patience to manage them. I've heard once you get them established they aren't too complicated.

I know daphnia has been talked about on the mailing list but I don't think those guys are on here.

#3 Guest_mshi_*

Guest_mshi_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:15 PM

I'm sure Matt will be around later, but he posted these a while back: http://forum.nanfa.o...?showtopic=2183

I tried daphnia myself but didn't have the discipline/patience to manage them. I've heard once you get them established they aren't too complicated.

I know daphnia has been talked about on the mailing list but I don't think those guys are on here.

I just ordered some cultures from www.lfscultures.com. I spoke with the owner and found him very helpful and informative.

#4 Guest_troutperch beeman_*

Guest_troutperch beeman_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:24 PM

I don't have white worm but I have Grindal worms. They are very easy. Grindals can take higher temps that the white. My worms are in an old fish styro half full of peat and potting soil. I feed them dry dog food every couple of days. I also have some red wigglers in there to they turn the soil a little better than the Grindals reducing the amount of mites that will inevitably get into your culture. I keep them right in my fish room where the temps get up into the 90 in the summer. They stop breeding at thoughs temps but they start right back up after it cools down. There is a lot on info on the web. Just Google it. You can find them for sale on Aquabid pretty reasonably.
Herschel

#5 Guest_airbrn1187_*

Guest_airbrn1187_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:36 PM

Cool I will try that...Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users