Job Forum

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:36 PM

While I am a huge proponent of limiting subforums to broad topics and threads get posted to a specific area they belong too, a good number of posts have been made lately to multiple areas regarding jobs. There are a decent number of members that are professionals in biology and run over, are bombarded, or are aware of these postings and make them known. There is also a growing number of younger members interested in persuing careers in biology who would benefit from this information. I certainly don't want to just cut and paste every single listing I see on the AFS website every day or get off a list server but this may be a case (i.e. similar to native plants and inverts) that the creation of a seperate forum may be warranted. A sticky thread containing links to major job posting sites (AFS, TX A&M, NABS, ASLO, etc.) followed by say a weekly thread of positions pertaining to jobs dealing with NA fish and aquatic ecosystems would really be sufficient.

Just my 0.02

Back to manuscript writing...

<Matt>-<

#2 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

Thats not a bad Idea IMO...and could be done.

#3 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

Thats not a bad Idea IMO...and could be done.

I agree sounds like a good idea.

#4 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

I agree. Especially since many people would relocate for a good job, but may not regularly read the local editions for areas they don't live in.

#5 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

I'd have to agree. I posted a forwarding from the CNAH today for an interesting volunteers gig. I've hesitated to post more because after a point it's spamlike in other forums. Such a forum could also include listings for relevant grad school opportunities.

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:30 PM

Bruce,

Your post was my motivation, and after many by Scenic Rivers, and I whole heartedly agree about graduate oppurtunities being included.

#7 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

This will be implemented shortly.. Just need to figure out the devils in the details..
Thanks much guys this is a great suggestion!!!!

#8 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

I'll gladly help contribute many of the links to a sticky thread if the staff choses to make one. I have quite a list created in my web browsing favorites. I can PM them to whomever would be responsible for the thread.

#9 Guest_eLeMeNt_*

Guest_eLeMeNt_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

Great Idea! I'd definitely use it.

#10 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:52 AM

You better not use it.

I just remebered today that I have a posting already for a technician position.

#11 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

http://forum.nanfa.o...p?showforum=229

I will move the old posts over.

#12 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

Drew,

You might need to walk me through a sticky so I can bring in the major job site links.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users