What Would You Do?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

I have this tank -->Oceanic 30 Cube

I am just setting it up again, what native(s) would you put in it and how would you decorate it?

I will be using a Marineland H.O.T. MAGNUM PRO 250gph filter on this tank as filtration (since I already have it, and its not in use.)

If you had this tank how would you set it up.

I'm not sure what I want to put in it.

Thanks,

Tom

#2 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

lots of plants and a few studfish.... :D

#3 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

Studfish are the exact opposite of what I would put in that tank. The surface area of that tank is minimal compared to the volume. The best thing to do would be to take advantage of the dimensions it has and the height. Smaller Lepomis sunfish, Ennecanthus species would be well suited. Other suggestions might be smaller darter and minnow species that inhabit lakes swamps heavily vegitated slow moving streams. Will a single 20" bulb be enough for good plant growth with the dimensions of that tank? I'd also hook up a longer lift tube and make a spray bar for your filter. I never liked what that HOT came with unless in a stream tank when it was a great source of flow.

#4 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

Studfish are the exact opposite of what I would put in that tank. The surface area of that tank is minimal compared to the volume. The best thing to do would be to take advantage of the dimensions it has and the height. Smaller Lepomis sunfish, Ennecanthus species would be well suited. Other suggestions might be smaller darter and minnow species that inhabit lakes swamps heavily vegitated slow moving streams. Will a single 20" bulb be enough for good plant growth with the dimensions of that tank? I'd also hook up a longer lift tube and make a spray bar for your filter. I never liked what that HOT came with unless in a stream tank when it was a great source of flow.

The bulb is not enough, I will be adding another bulb. I was thinking Ennecanthus and maybe a few Flag Fish.

Plant in the LFS around here are a rip off, anyone have some extra plants I could trade something for? I would like to do this with as little cost as possible.

How many sunfish would you put in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users