I just acquired a 29 gallon

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

I just acquired a 29 gallon already cycled and kinda planted. Any suggestions as to what I should put in it ](*,) ? Photos to come.

Tom

#2 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:23 PM

You need a sunfish tank.

#3 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

You need a sunfish tank.

I hope I win some sunfish in the lottery, beside I have the tank for that already, this I just got last night.

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

The height makes it nice for a mix of killies, minners (down south we call 'em "miners"), and darters/madtoms. That covers all vertical levels.

#5 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

The height makes it nice for a mix of killies, minners (down south we call 'em "miners"), and darters/madtoms. That covers all vertical levels.

Well collect them all, put them in a box, then ship them to me, you have my address, it's the one where you sent that swell silver dollar.

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

First I have to send Bruce his F. notti, then send Andy Borgia his Bottle'o'Fish, and then I have to go boil the cat. Yes, the little bugger - won't keep still, keeps on thrashing about all over the place. I think I owe somebody some plants too, or something like that. Oh yeah, I need to send Ken McKeighen some fish out in NM. I've commissioned a T-shirt from him.

Now I remember why I don't ship fish any more!

#7 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

First I have to send Bruce his F. notti, then send Andy Borgia his Bottle'o'Fish, and then I have to go boil the cat. Yes, the little bugger - won't keep still, keeps on thrashing about all over the place. I think I owe somebody some plants too, or something like that. Oh yeah, I need to send Ken McKeighen some fish out in NM. I've commissioned a T-shirt from him.

Now I remember why I don't ship fish any more!

Come on now, i figured out on my own why you're Irate Mormon, that's gotta count for something.

"I WANT MUH FISHES SEN THEM TUH ME NOW!" - Garble Stormsun

#8 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

Ok, I'll put you on the waiting list...

#9 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Ok, I'll put you on the waiting list...

Likely story, I suppose the check really is in the mail as well?

#10 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

THere really is a waiting list. It just hasn't gotten any shorter this last year or two :(

#11 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:22 PM

All you ever hear discussed here is freshwater natives.

Try something different; try a brackish or marine native aquarium.

If you don't mind hatching Artemia every couple of days, you might enjoy Hippocampus zosterae (I sure did!)

#12 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

Come on now, i figured out on my own why you're Irate Mormon, that's gotta count for something.

Yeah, all you did was have a conversation with me in your truck on one of our collecting trips...

I want on that waiting list too, Martin! Got any more of those venustias? I've got one from when I met you down there, and I love it! It needs some more of it's own kind to keep it company.

#13 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, all you did was have a conversation with me in your truck on one of our collecting trips...

Am I supposed to sing and dance?

#14 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:15 AM

Am I supposed to sing and dance?

Let me dig up some Bee Gees for you!

#15 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:18 AM

Let me dig up some Bee Gees for you!

Bring it on!

#16 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

I want on that waiting list too, Martin! Got any more of those venustias? I've got one from when I met you down there, and I love it! It needs some more of it's own kind to keep it company.

You actually want some C. venusta? Man, I walk on their backs to cross the creek without getting my feets wet. But it's getting cold down here. I had to wear a windbreaker today.

#17 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

I can just imagine that conversation...

#18 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

I can just imagine that conversation...

It was about, beer, wings, and fish, and more fish, and NANFA!

#19 Guest_tglassburner_*

Guest_tglassburner_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:46 AM

You actually want some C. venusta? Man, I walk on their backs to cross the creek without getting my feets wet. But it's getting cold down here. I had to wear a windbreaker today.

Send some to Ohio, I had a windbreaker on too, as I was walking through 3" of snow to clean off my truck.

#20 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

Send some to Ohio, I had a windbreaker on too, as I was walking through 3" of snow to clean off my truck.

we just got over a foot of snow, my pond is frozen and I can hardly cast my lure past the ice forming in the reservoir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users