American Currents mailing blip?

25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

I think the point has been made by now =;

BTW, mine was 8-31-2004. :grin:

I just got it today. Now I just need Parts I and II.

#22 Guest_Seedy_*

Guest_Seedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

BTW, where the hell is Riffles, Filter Mod of the Month, etc. - all I got was this stupid "annotated checklist" - what good is that?

=D>

I get the sarcasm.

But there is a good underlying point here.

The checklist is an awesome publication! It is an excellent resource I am glad to have it and will probably search out I & II

...now for the constructive criticism (I know, I gripe too much) :)

For someone like myself who is a brand new member...that issue didn't help connect me with NANFA as an organization or local members, or let me know what was going on in the club. I was really hoping for more information about how to become active and start "getting muddy" with people in my area.

PS. Why didn't I find the "Big Eye Shiner" Notropis boops in the checklist?

EDIT++oops...Freudian slip!

#23 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

You should be able to find Notropis boops (not boobs, if the moderator will play along).

The checklist is one part of our mission, and with limited printing resources it's come out in three parts over three years. Chris has put together a checklist that's probably state-of-the-knowledge for North American fishes, so I'm glad we can put it out in a (fairly) big way.

#24 Guest_Seedy_*

Guest_Seedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

You should be able to find Notropis boops (not boobs, if the moderator will play along).

The checklist is one part of our mission, and with limited printing resources it's come out in three parts over three years. Chris has put together a checklist that's probably state-of-the-knowledge for North American fishes, so I'm glad we can put it out in a (fairly) big way.

Don't misunderstand me. It is an EXCELLENT resource and a very worthwhile publication!

Sorry about the "slip" there...but I still don't find N. boops

#25 Guest_Seedy_*

Guest_Seedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

Nevermind...I see where I am missing that fish, I'm just looking in the Erratum for Part 1. The Shiners are not listed in this edition....

My BAD!

#26 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:01 AM

Chris, I did think it was odd because mine said 2/28/2005

Harry Knaub

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users