NJ Tues & Wed Jan 8th & 9th

22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:57 PM

I did get a written comment in but was really busy with work, family and other obligations. I was hoping to have time to have forum members review it. Unfortunately my natural tendency is to say what I feel pretty strongly and bluntly which doesn't always get the best results. So I had to overnight it without anyone softening it up a bit. Here it is, comments welcome I have a feeling this activity will be coming up more and more.

Be gentle its my first time. :blush:

excellent written letter with some very pertinent points in it.

#22 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

It was indeed an excellent letter. The only thing I would have added would be, IMHO, protecting habitat from development would be a much better approach than bans and bag limits. The loss of habitat is the real threat to these fish, not fishermen and aquarium hobbyists. New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the nation. Population growth, as well as the trend to flee cities for new subdivisions in ever more distant suburbs, puts a tremendous strain on resources, when you already have such a dense population. The only thing that saves New Jersey so far is that it is in the northeast. If this population density existed out west, they'd already be having water wars.

#23 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

Very good work Mike. It really shows alot of dedication. If we all could Attend hearings like this, we might accomplish something.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users