Hello dolly

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_leviathan0_*

Guest_leviathan0_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:10 AM

Thought I'd introduce myself a bit since I've been lurking here a bit already anyways.

So let's see... I'm a New Yorker, have been living here for most my life. Been keeping fish for quite awhile now, my biggest interests in this hobby are invertebrates, gobies and nano-sized aquariums. I don't keep many native fishes, just H. formosa and flagfish, but thought I'd sign up to research and perhaps get my hands on native invertebrates. Darters are looking pretty awesome to me as well, that probably stems from my interest in gobies.

I also admittedly have no idea what "hello dolly" is. Just sounded catchy.

#2 Guest_octavio_*

Guest_octavio_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

Thought I'd introduce myself a bit since I've been lurking here a bit already anyways.

So let's see... I'm a New Yorker, have been living here for most my life. Been keeping fish for quite awhile now, my biggest interests in this hobby are invertebrates, gobies and nano-sized aquariums. I don't keep many native fishes, just H. formosa and flagfish, but thought I'd sign up to research and perhaps get my hands on native invertebrates. Darters are looking pretty awesome to me as well, that probably stems from my interest in gobies.

I also admittedly have no idea what "hello dolly" is. Just sounded catchy.

Welcome aboard! You are going to find it very Informative. There are lots of friendly and knowledgable members. Just wait a while and before you now it you'll be totally hooked on NATIVES. I speak from my experience! I love natives now.

#3 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:05 AM

Do you have a copy of
A Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes : North America North of Mexico ?

Some of the darter species are quite small, less than 2 inches long.

Good luck.

#4 Guest_arnoldi_*

Guest_arnoldi_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hello Dolly is a Broadway musical from the 30's that takes place in New York, NY.

Where is it you say you're from? :biggrin:

#5 Guest_leviathan0_*

Guest_leviathan0_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

Welcome aboard! You are going to find it very Informative. There are lots of friendly and knowledgable members. Just wait a while and before you now it you'll be totally hooked on NATIVES. I speak from my experience! I love natives now.

Yeah, but if I start another tank and plug even one more filter in, it's going to be a fire hazard.

Hello Dolly is a Broadway musical from the 30's that takes place in New York, NY.

Where is it you say you're from? :biggrin:

"But the only musical I know is High School Musical"

It's too bad I'm in the city and can't just "catch a darter in my backyard" like some seem to do. Besides the ones in the Commercial Vendors section, what other online stores deals with natives?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users