Slender Grass Type Plant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_joia2181_*

Guest_joia2181_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

Hi all,

I just started a 40-gal long and I collected 50% of the substrate right from my local fish spot. I cycled the tank with pre-used water, drift wood, sand, and put the HOB from the bull tank onto this one for about a week. Then put in java fern & mosses and others from the planted tank also added some banana plants. I like when you bury them and then shoots up tons of lilly pads. It's a cool setup for pickerel, I know it would love some sunnies!!! Anyhow,,,14 sunfish total - (3/4" to 1 1/4") gillies and pseeds where added after a few more weeks past. O yea, along with juvi bullheads yllw(3) & brn(1) the biggest 2". So time elasped since setup till now for a total of 2-1/2 months and now this grass (so far no taller than 1") is starting to appear? Do you think it's from the pond like normal or introduced some how else. These guys are still fed different types of frozen stuff like brine, I only dump in fresh water? Mostly what type of grass is it?-Duh!!!! I know, who care's about how it got there. :-k ](*,)
Attached File  grass.jpeg.JPG   103.18KB   0 downloads

#2 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

It most likely came in with the sediment you used. Not sure what it is; it is notoriously difficult to ID seedlings, even of terrestrial plants. Interestingly, it does look like a grass species, and I can't think of one that would survive completely underwater permanently. I would let it grow for a while and see what happens! Do post more pictures later, as I'm curious to see how it develops.

#3 Guest_joia2181_*

Guest_joia2181_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

Here is a updated of that grass. Still no idea what it is.
Attached File  grass3.jpeg.JPG   116.29KB   0 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users