Bluespotted Sunfish

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pmk00001_*

Guest_pmk00001_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

I had a chance to take a few pictures and thought I would share them. I have 5 bluespotted in a 15 gallon planted tank.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

Nice in-tank pics. I never did get good pictures of mine before I gave them away. When I get more tank space I will have to get more. You get those local to you?

#3 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

Wow, stunning specimens you have there. Thanks for sharing. I have four myself but they aren't very colorful. I need to make some changes I think with lighting and gravel etc.

#4 Guest_pmk00001_*

Guest_pmk00001_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Drew, I got them locally, no more than a few miles from Alexandria, I usually get one or two from any of the tidal tribs that drain into the Potomac. I've even had a few inside the beltway :laugh:

Arthur, I recently across some new lighting, it probably isn't something I would have normally gotten but the bulb is one of those dual white/actinic things which really seems to bring their color out.

#5 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Drew, I got them locally, no more than a few miles from Alexandria, I usually get one or two from any of the tidal tribs that drain into the Potomac. I've even had a few inside the beltway :laugh:

Cool, there are a couple of places we go that have bunches of them but I've not sampled anywhere close to the beltway.

That actnic light helps a lot with that coloring.

#6 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

those ar good lookers! My local northerns are the color of the brown algae I see on a couple of your plants!

#7 Guest_fishlvr_*

Guest_fishlvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

Nice looking bluespotteds! I can't wait till mine get their adult colors. I hope mine look like yours!

#8 Guest_Nightwing_*

Guest_Nightwing_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

Great looking fish!

#9 Guest_pmk00001_*

Guest_pmk00001_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:51 AM

those ar good lookers! My local northerns are the color of the brown algae I see on a couple of your plants!

Thanks again guys :)

As nice as the fish look under those new lights, the algae seems to like it just as much. :) It slowly seems to be getting under control though.

#10 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

As nice as the fish look under those new lights, the algae seems to like it just as much. :) It slowly seems to be getting under control though.
[/quote]

all things tend toward equilibrium...with a little nudge now and then :-& #036;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users