recent missing topic & editing posts

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:08 AM

A question was raised about the missing topic in the sunfish section. It was requested that the topic be removed but that was after it was altered which pretty much destroyed the thread.

You can now no longer edit your posts after 60 minutes. This is the protect the integrity of the forum and its topics. If a post/topic needs to be edited after the new time limit, please contact the forum moderator, a global mod, or one of the staff members.

#2 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Can you do away with that "edited by..." feature when one makes an edit, please. I forgot a comma in a post, edited it in, and now it says "edited by...". That suggests that I made a substantial edit, but I didn't, I just fixed the punctuation.

I would suggest, instead of disabling the edit feature after 60 minutes, put that "edited by..." notation in after such long-term edits, and leave it out of quick, immediate fixes.

Think about it, please. Thanks.

#3 Guest_MScooter_*

Guest_MScooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:34 AM

It would do well if an amateur such as myself could edit their species list when photos are involved.

,please think about it

Edited by MScooter, 19 March 2008 - 01:36 AM.

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

I understand, this can be a bit of a pain. There are enough staff members here, that if you take a moment to send a PM, Someone will help you edit your post promptly.

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

In other words John, you're gonna have to live with your mistakes!

At least my mistakes get deleted before too many people see them :rolleyes:

#6 Guest_MScooter_*

Guest_MScooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

Oh alright!

This means that I'll have to take better photos and actually key species out myself instead of just throwin' it all up for NANFA to decide. What's the fun in that?
(total humor)

Now my goal is to have an error free species list.

Thanks for the consideration Skipjack.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users