Help with some Minnow I.D (Video)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lev_*

Guest_Lev_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I took the following video in the Humber River Watershed in Ontario, Canada. Because I stink at I.Ding minnows, the only thing I could decipher from this video was a nice Brook Stickleback and a Juvenile White Sucker, So any fish that you could I.D (other than mentioned) I would be greatly thankful. It's recommended to watch the entire video first as a few individuals swim really close to the camera.

Thanks in Advance,
Lev.

Here's The Video:

Posted Image

#2 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

The one at the end MIGHT have been a blacknose dace and some of the shiners look like they are a Luxilus sp. (either common or striped shiners) but that is some serious guessing because it is not very clear so take it for what it's worth. I do think you are correct on the white sucker and Brook Stickleback, I can clearly see those two.

#3 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

Might have some Creek Chub too.

#4 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

creek chub when the one swam by the camera I saw the spot on the dorsal fin
did I see a percia darter in the corner the first 30 seconds?
I think striped I have both common and striped and when you look at them side by side you can see the little differences

Edited by killier, 12 March 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#5 Guest_Lev_*

Guest_Lev_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

You have a good eye. It was a darter, albeit a small individual. There are Johnny and Tesselateds in this river, and I've seen the Johnny's get 3 inches long. I reckon that was either one of those species. :-D

I don't see any Percina though...

Edited by Lev, 12 March 2008 - 03:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users