Plant ID help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_alter40_*

Guest_alter40_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

I found two different types of plants in a local creek today and I have no idea what these are. If you can help me identify them for me that would be great!

I want to figure out what these are before I put them in my tank.

Here is the first plant. I think there were more of these I could see in a slightly deeper spot of the creek, but I didn't have my waders today.
Posted Image

Here are a couple pics of the 2nd type of plant I found. These were found buried in a sandy area and I was able to get these two pieces of them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Any idea what any of these plants are?

#2 Guest_alter40_*

Guest_alter40_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

Well from another forum someone suggested that the top plant may be some type of ludwigia and the other plant might be hemianthus micranthemoides (HM).

I'm not too familiar with either of these plants, but thats about all the info I have on these plants at the moment.

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

Let 'em grow - then we'll see.

#4 Guest_alter40_*

Guest_alter40_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

I just wanted to update this with a couple of new pictures. These plants have taken off much faster then I expected them to. Its only been 3 days and there is a considerable difference in them. I will also be going back to this same area to find more plants later this week too. Hopefully these updated pictures can maybe help get an ID on them. If not I will update this thread once in awhile with pictures till they grow out enough for an ID.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Guest_rick_*

Guest_rick_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

The first one looks more like watercress to me. Not sure about the second one, but I don't think Hemianthus grows that far north.

Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users