Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_wapiti_*

Guest_wapiti_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

Awesome darter pictures! What type of camera and lenses do you use? I can never seem to get any that look that clear. Do you shoot into an acrylic or glass tank? Please share your secrets.

#3 Guest_Seedy_*

Guest_Seedy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

Awesome darter pictures! What type of camera and lenses do you use? I can never seem to get any that look that clear. Do you shoot into an acrylic or glass tank? Please share your secrets.

Thank You! My wife is constantly improving her photo skills, the Nikon D40x is an excellent starter DSLR. I strongly recommend that or the D60 for someone just getting into photography. There is also a GREAT fixed 55mm lens with a very large (like F/1.4 or F/1. 8) max aperture that is probably the best "all around" lens for any Nikon you might look into. My wife does great with the D40x, but when I put the higher end D200 in her hands, she gets "lost"...

The tank is glass. The camera is a Nikon d40x with either a 105mm macro/micro lens or a 18-55mm stock lens that came with the D40x. Lots of light, and a little color correction in Photoshop followed by a slight "unsharp mask" is what we use.

When I'm using the macro lens, I usually shoot around f/18 or smaller with 1/60th S exposure and ISO 200 or better....That means I have to FLOOD the tank with light, but it gives the ability to take great close up images with a large depth of focus....I shoot the onboard flash quite a bit, but wish I could afford some off camera flashes or a macro ring light system...

#4 Guest_PoBoy_*

Guest_PoBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Gorgeous pix! I love the first one. Looks like that Darter is posing!

Speaking of lighting for photos. I have seen some people that use overhead lighting instead of their on board flash with their D40's. VERY nice shots they get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users