Collecting around Panama City, FL

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_trygon_*

Guest_trygon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

Does anyone know of any good non-tidal collecting locations around Panama City, FL. I'm mainly interested in Elassoma sp., Enneacanthus sp., and Fundulus sp.

Thanks,
Bryce

#2 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

I was there in January of 2006. Cooler weather for collecting.

Caught mollies, Elassoma, and a goby? west of Powell Lake, south of US98, east of county line. I have spot marked on the map but don't remember what the water was like - roadside ditch?

Caught 3 eels and obesis? at US98 on inlet stream to Powell Lake. Yeh, eels are really slippery.

#3 Guest_trygon_*

Guest_trygon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

Thanks. I'm familiar with Lake Powell, but not all the roads around it. Time to break out the Florida Gazeteer. By the way, your uniseine article inspired me to build one, but slightly different than yours. Mine doesn't have the rotating metal joint, I wanted to use all off the rack pvc parts. I'm working on a way to have the the entire brail rotate; in other words, I'm trying different methods of attaching the net to the brails, split rings, loose lacing and zip ties, it seem that loose zip ties may be the best way for me to go. When I finish, I'll post some photographs.

Thanks for the info and inspiration,
Bryce

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users