May 24th 2008

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bflowers_*

Guest_bflowers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

Thought I would post what is happening in Central Indiana. My Son Shawn had his friend Chris stay over on Friday night and Shawn had been tellig him about collecting fish. Saturday we decided to go out and see what we could find. I knew of a stream I hadn't been in yet and felt this was a good time to see what we could find. I always did like checking out new creeks to see what I could find. Sometime that is the most fun. Well we ended up below a Beaver Dam and found a few fish. We actually found SRBD, Creek Chubs, Blacknose Dace, and White Sucker(I believe). Most of the SRBD were young ones and extremely plentiful to the point we were throwing them back. I only keep a few when I am collecting. Especially when they are just a few minutes away. After all I know where to get more if I want them.
From there we went to another small creek that I used to be able to find SRBD and Rredfin Shiners. Several years ago they built a subdivision on a hill above the creek and that is about the time the fish disappeared. I just keep going back hoping that eventually the fish will come back. Here we found a few Male Johnny Darters guarding nests, some Orangethroat Darters, Creek Chubs, and SilverJaw minnows. Chris really enjoyed the trip and is looking forward to going with us again.

Bill F.

BeaverDam.jpg
Beaver Dam

WhiteSucker.jpg
White Sucker

BlacknoseDace.jpg
Blacknose Dace

CreekChub1.JPG
Creek Chub

SRBD1.jpg
SRBD

SRBD4.jpg