NEW Live food cultueres Book

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

This is supposedly a very good resource that explains, very simply how to culture many different live foods. It has good pictures, illustrations and descriptions.

http://www.amazon.co...s...8759&sr=8-1

#2 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

This is supposedly a very good resource that explains, very simply how to culture many different live foods. It has good pictures, illustrations and descriptions.

I ordered my copy this morning. Mike Hellweg (the author) spoke at our local aquarium club meeting just last night. He seems like a great guy, and certainly very knowledgeable. He strikes me as taking a much more scientific approach to fishkeeping than much of the "mainstream" hobby does. You know, like actually verifying information before passing it on as fact...

Unfortunately his talk last night was on Anabantoids, not Live Foods, but it was still very good. He apparently spoke on live foods at the Northeast Council of Aquariums Societies conference in April.

Edited by jase, 13 June 2008 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

I caught wind of it on www.bowheads.org from Gary Lange, one of the folks that has collected & described many of the rainbowfish species currently in the hobby. He said that a bunch of photos in the book are his, the rainbow fry eating micro worm is one.

Let me know what you think of it, I plan on ordering it next pay cycle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users